Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a 2001 forester white in color. i would like to install a bug deflector. what brand/color is best. are they easy to install?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I purchased the OEM one. Would I do it again? NO! At higher speeds, the deflector comes off the clips that attaches it to the hood and starts flapping around nailing the hood and leaving beautiful black marks on my white paint (which is also why it's still on - it covers the marks up). If I could go back and do it, I would have looked into Rockblocker.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1 Posts
Wrong hole pattern

I had a Subaru bug deflector on my 2001 until it snapped off. My bride just purchased a new one for me, but when I went out to install it, I discovered the hole pattern didn't match the hood gasket buttons. I checked the part number on the box it was shipped in against the website part number- they matched. So I don't know what the deal is, but the deflector that is supposed to be the correct install isn't for my 2001, because it doesn't fit.:icon_frown:

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
574 Posts
I purchased one on Ebay several years ago, I don't know the brand name anymore, but, it was pretty easy to install and is still rock solid. I put a smoked one on my white 2000. I have been very happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts