Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Road Warrior
1995 Legacy L SW 5 speed manual
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Forester that replaces the 99L that I wrecked on Christmas eve morning.

I still have a few things to do to her. Like get the windows tinted and get all the corners fixed where the previous owner rubbed all her bumper paint off on various things. She drives well for having 218,000 miles on her.

Attachments

·
Road Warrior
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks pretty nice for 218k on it. Nice find!
And I got it for $700.00

Of course it had blown head gaskets...among other stuff.

I swapped the 187,000 mile motor out of my wreck into it....

And the axles, PS rack and pump and some of the cruise control parts.

Overall it was a sweet deal, and I still have many of the parts left from the wrecked car.

·
Registered
1998 Forester L
28 Posts
:icon_cool: Very nice! You just cant beat that deal! It's so hard to just find Subaru's in general around here, found mine from walking into every small town dealership in the area. Finally one salesman had my Sube just chillin in the back. He figured nobody would really be interested!

·
Road Warrior
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:icon_cool: Very nice! You just cant beat that deal! It's so hard to just find Subaru's in general around here, found mine from walking into every small town dealership in the area. Finally one salesman had my Sube just chillin in the back. He figured nobody would really be interested!
I have worked on and driven Subies for about 30 years. The 99L that I wrecked was the first Forester I owned. I bought that one cause it was cheap and had all I wanted in a Subaru. At first I didn't like it's boxxy looks, but has time went on I grew to love that car. I was broken hearted when I wrecked her. So I had to find another. This one is almost her exact twin, except that one was an "L" and this one is an "S".

I love Foresters now, LOL.

·
Road Warrior
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's a few pics after getting the windows tinted, actually swapped over all but the cargo windows from the old car, and the cross bars removed.

Also removed the one fog lamp grille so they both match now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,161 Posts
Nice Foz! Where are you in Littleton? I grew up near Arapahoe & Colorado, across the street from Newton Middle School.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts