Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Limited
1,018 Posts
While doing a recall Subaru dealership broke the manifold duct.

Can someoone please tell me what it is and if I should be concerned?
I am guessing it is the part on top of the engine that delivers the air/fuel mixture to the engine. Yes, you should be concerned until your receive assurances that they are going to replace it. If they opt for a repair, it takes a very well trained welder to weld aluminum which it is probably made of.

·
Registered
2017 Limited
1,018 Posts
They said it was plastic and have ordered a new one. Receive part on Thursday.
I am surprised they have gone to plastic, but if it works, what the heck.

Good to hear they are replacing it. Not bad service, but did they ask you if you wanted to pay to have it overnighted? No? They never do.

I waited 5 days for a Chrysler brake part in 2006. I had to rent a car to get back and forth to work. One big reason no more Jeeps for me after having one for 13 years.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
oh man :mob: did you explain that they are a dealership and that they should fix things not break them?

intake parts show an 'air duct' but it looks like the intake section... maybe it's time for a dealer sponsered upgrade?? :biggrin: although if it were mine I would be getting it working just enough to get out of there and to another dealership..

good luck Steve, crossing fingers that things go smooth,

·
Registered
03X MT
847 Posts
are we talking about the snorkus here? the black plastic tube with the air filter inline?

You just don't want unfiltered air getting into the throttle body.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My life sucks

Dealership that broke my car.....part they broke will not be available for 7 to 10 days.:mob:

They are kind enough to give me a new n/a Forester. Great no turbo.:mob:

What did I do to deserve this misfortune???:icon_frown:

I pick up the free loaner shortly. I will be asking for a deeply discounted sirius module as an apology.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts