Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.0x
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help my stock 6 disc kenwood cd changer has stopped working, i was listening to it a bit loud and it just stopped. i checked all the fuses and they are okay i even put an after market radio into it to see if that works and it does work fine so anyone know what it could be. thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Welcome to the board. What year Forester do you have?
Perhaps you blew an internal fuse in the stereo, which would require sending it in for repair. If you're covered under your warranty (depending on age of Forester), just go to the dealership for them to "diagnose" it, and send it out for repair.

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
In the future, please title your posts with something other than "Help". It makes the thread completely useless for searches.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
I would just dump the stock unit and install an after market stereo. They always have more rms power and better sound.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
931 Posts
In the future, please title your posts with something other than "Help". It makes the thread completely useless for searches.

The search function is based on a keywords not on titles. So I disagree that the thread is completely useless.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
25 Posts
The thread ain't useless, but the title does suggest someone is stranded and needs tech assistance right away. A broken CD player is not something requiring an entire line of exclamation points.

If you have the double DIN unit like my 2001 (heaven forbid someone would include the year and trim level of their car) then I'd just toss it away and buy a newer, much nicer double-din unit. Repairing the existing old unit is throwing good money away.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
I agree, toss the bad, go get new, install. Have a beer, relax.:Banane35:

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Go double din or just get a run of the mill cd player and install it with the little cubby thing under it for extra storage for an ipod or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts