Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forester touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I just had my dealer install winterforce tires on my '09 Forester and noticed the size is 205/55/16 mounted on my oem alloys.
Shouldn't it have been 215/65/16? Will having a different width & aspect ratio make much difference?
Your imput is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
1,776 Posts
Hi all!
I just had my dealer install winterforce tires on my '09 Forester and noticed the size is 205/55/16 mounted on my oem alloys.
Shouldn't it have been 215/65/16? Will having a different width & aspect ratio make much difference?
Your imput is greatly appreciated.
The 205/55's that the dealer installed are too small for the Foz. They will reduce ground clearance which you don't want to be the case in the winter. Plus the 55 aspect ratio and smaller diameter will make it more likely that you can damage a rim if you hit a chuckhole. I'm guessing that they also look tiny and kind of dumb...

Finally, the load rating of the 205/55's is going to be much less than the stock tires. The dealer screwed up and I would have them put the proper size tires on. The reduced load rating is, in particular, illegal for a tire store to sell you...

George

·
Registered
2009 forester touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks George for the quick reply. I figured something to be off. Of course, the dealer closed when I left! Is it safe to drive until Monday?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
Winterforce is a great snow and mud tire but you need the OE size. Insist that the dealer remove these and install the size that came on it from the factory.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
SOmeone screwed up and gave you Impreza size tires. You definitely want that corrected as they are way too small unless you are lowered quite a bit.

·
Registered
2009 forester touring
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Major screw up, sea-scooby! I now noticed I have 17" rims instead of my regular 16"s!!!
I'm thinking they gave me someone else's tires & rims !?! ugh.
Is it safe to drive?

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
Major screw up, sea-scooby! I now noticed I have 17" rims instead of my regular 16"s!!!
I'm thinking they gave me someone else's tires & rims !?! ugh.
Is it safe to drive?
They took your 17's off and put 16" on and you didn"t notice?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts