Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I'd start my journal because even with no money, I'm slowly tweaking my car :raspberry: I just graduated with a bachelor's in mechanical engineering, so if I can land a job soon, my luck may turn around :woohoo: The car is about a month old now.

It's a great car, I bought it with high mileage (122000) with original timing belt... so that was the first job it needed... after a trip to New Hampshire. It's very clean, with leather and heated everything, and that awesome 7 speaker sound system. The only downside is it's a 4EAT, but I've learned to settle. It was a good deal.

What I've done / what I'm doing now is:

-Debadged AWD's and rear SUBARU, replacing with just rear emblem.
-New JVC stereo ordered, planning on painting center console black to match.
-Small touchups (especially damage from the stupid sunroof deflector!) and buffing the exterior
-Cleaning the crap out of every square inch of the interior
-Cleaning the engine (any tips on the proper way to do this?)

Simple enough for now, but I'm craving more power! :rock:

Alright, so here's my fozzy:

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know! After browsing the forums even I'M shocked at how small my hood scoop is lol

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here's my updates on a budget, while I'm waiting on landing a job... I've cleaned and waxed it once lol (but it needs to be polished down to get rid of some scratches), cleaned the engine, replaced the air filter with K&N, replaced the stereo and painted the center console (I'll get a newer picture of it finished soon). A few small cosmetic changes are making this vehicle look much nicer :icon_biggrin:

I gotta get that dent out of my hood too, but I'm afraid to see how much it will cost.

I'm at 124000 miles and this car is running like new, and that makes me a happy owner :Banane35:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts