Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove home today in a new sage green 2010 X. I traded in a 5 year old SUV (the first and last GM vehicle I will ever buy but that's another story). I actually put down a deposit yesterday afternoon with the intention of picking it up on Saturday (a day I picked arbitrarily after I realized that I was really going to buy it and got nervous). But then, last night, I could not sleep. I wanted that car so so bad. It's a 5 speed manual transmission (in my book the only way to drive - the aforementioned GM beast was also my first and last automatic transmission, but that's just a preference thing I guess). Anyway, I researched small SUVs for weeks, mostly because I wanted to make sure that I picked the car with the best side impact safety ratings - I have a 6 year old boy and 4 year old girl who sit awfully close to those sides. I was very biased toward the Forester just because I liked the way it looked, so I was tickled when I realized it was also the safest by far. I zoomed home (didn't even stall it once!) and beeped for the family to come outside (they didn't know I was picking it up today). We went for a fun ride and both kids liked it (my 4 year old daughter pronounced it Best Car Ever). I am postively giddy. The only bad thing is I don't have an excuse to drive it more tonight, and even if I did, the young deer have been racing around after nightfall more than usual (spring training for deer I guess) so I'm nervous that I'll squish one and muss up my pretty green Forester. Sorry if I'm babbling - I have no idea how much folks "share" here, but I can't seem to stop myself. I shall sleep well tonight, dreaming of zooming around in sage green...So great to be here! I can't wait to read about/meet all of you!

Cheers,
JWC

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
welcome to the forum from South Lake Tahoe!

u wont sleep well tonight. the urge to get up and check on ur new foz will keep u up! - nawty subie guardian angel

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
COngrats & welcome to the forum.

joe r

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you here.

If there ever was a good infectious disease:huh:Subaru ownership would be one. Once you drive one, you wonder why it takes so long to wipe that smile from your face:biggrin:You just start making excuses to go for longer and longer drives.:wink:
Now that you have your Forester, we hope you'll fill in some information in your Profile to help us all. A geographical location will help if a referral for servicing etc is ever required, you might even find a Forester owner nearby that is as enthusiastic as you (not hard). Of course you can also add some vehicle info to your Signature so that it shows up every time you post, making model specific responses easier. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick Links, Edit profile and add a location. Edit Signature and add basic info like year/model/transmission and even colour if you want, and you're good to go.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I'm hooked! I just came in from the garage - I was walking around it, playing with buttons, sitting in all of the different seats. My husband is laughing at my new obsession, but he had to admit that it's a sharp car, and fun to drive - I even let him take it for a short spin earlier, despite the fact that he hasn't driven a stick shift in years (he did pretty well, considering he's ruined himself in a Lexus SUV!). It's almost midnight, and I'm sitting on the couch, reading my owner's manual and contemplating buying one of those beautiful STI shift knobs. I am in love. I offered to drive to the 24 hour pharmacy (it's always a good idea to have, say, an epi pen and extra bandages on hand) but he just kissed me goodnight. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow...I will post pictures too.

·
Registered
2006 FAXT 5mt
525 Posts
you never be able to buy another car ever, i bought my 1st subi in 93 cause i needed a car i could drive without a license and didn't realize what i was getting my self into.5 wagons later, ihave a 06 xt and i'll make up reason to drive anytime of the nite, favorite reason is the dog needs a walk.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,859 Posts
You sound like a good candidate for one of these Member Journal. :biggrin:

As to posting pictures or links. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
Welcome. Good to hear you're another victim of the Subaru fever. Enjoy your new Fozzy:).

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Bienvenido from the Mission. Thanks for sharing!

Congrats! :smile:

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
I wish my wife got so excited about cars. To her, they're mainly Point A to Point B devices. Congrats on your great new Forester!

·
Registered
2008 08 FXT limited 4EAT
40 Posts
Best car ever........

I think your daughter is right on!!! Welcome and congrats on your new purchase. Bought my first Foz in 01, a Forester S, which is still cruising right along, and my second one in 02, a WRX wagon, which I just recently sold,:icon_cry: and of course I have been driving my 08 XT for a year and a half now and I love it. Once you get bitten by the Subaru bug, there is no stopping it!

Enjoy............

1 - 16 of 16 Posts