Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 2010 2.5X and I've named her "Uno" as she is my first! I plan on breaking her in next week on my cross country trip to a new job in New Mexico. I look forward to getting info and tips as I outfit her for ranch life (I've ordered rallyarmor mud flaps and rally skid plates) due to the roads being totally gnarly. Stay tuned for pictures...I can't wait!!

El
'10 2.5X 5MT Pearly white:cool::Banane35:

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
Welcome. Does Rally Armor make the skid plate for the current gen. Forester? Im going to have to look into it. Enjoy that 1st. Forester of yours.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Welcome!

I plan on breaking her in next week on my cross country trip to a new job in New Mexico.
Not sure what you mean by "breaking her in", but hopping on the interstate with a brand new car and setting the cruise control is generally not a good idea. In fact, avoiding long stretches of interstate highway for the first 1,000 miles is probably worth considering. Suggestion: Take a look at the "New Vehicle Break-In Driving" tips in your owner's manual (page 8-2?).

Keep an eye on your tire pressure along the way. Assuming you're starting at ~sea level and will end up at ~6,000 ft AMSL, your car's tire pressure will increase by ~3 psi.

I look forward to getting info and tips as I outfit her for ranch life (I've ordered rallyarmor mud flaps and rally skid plates) due to the roads being totally gnarly.
Once you get settled in your new home, you might want to consider off-road / all-terrain tires, and at least one full-size spare, if not two (leave one in the garage or shed), as the factory spare is the small, temporary type ("donut").

HTH, enjoy your trip, and enjoy NM -- it's a beautiful state!

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome. Does Rally Armor make the skid plate for the current gen. Forester? Im going to have to look into it. Enjoy that 1st. Forester of yours.
Actually the website someone sent to me for the '10 model skid plate is get-primitive.com

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
Actually the website someone sent to me for the '10 model skid plate is get-primitive.com
Thank you for the info. I'm going to check out the Primitive site today. I'd like to get a skidplate for mine, not because I do a lot of offroading, but under the engine should be covered by something:crazy:. It would keep the engine bay cleaner than it is now:cool:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts