Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester 5-Speed Manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just bought a 2006 Forester last week and I can't seem to figure out what's going on with the brakes. I'll try and give you as much info as possible and hopefully somebody can shed some light on a solution.

When I bought the car, the guy mentioned that the rotors were warped and would need replacing soon. I figured it was no big deal, and went ahead with the purchase. The "warped rotors" however felt quite a bit different than any warped rotors I've felt. The car sort of chugs along when braking with a much slower wobble than I'm used to with warped rotors. It almost feels like a horse bucking or something like that and there was very little shake in the steering wheel, if any. I went ahead and did all four rotors on the car anyway. I also had to do the rear brake pads since the outside rear passenger pad was down to the metal. All of the other pads were okay. Someone suggested that the caliper might be stuck, but everything seemed to move freely. Anyway, replacing all four rotors and the rear brake pads fixed the problem... for about 150 miles. The chugging feel upon braking isn't nearly as bad as it was before replacing everything, but I'm sure it will get there. If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1998 forester s auto
27 Posts
Do the new rotors show any discoloration? Pads wearing evenly? I had a similar problem which turned out to be a problem with a hose. Ended up replacing both hoses on the rear.(only because I believe in doing things like that in pairs.) Flushed and bled the system 3 or 4 times and no problems in 3k miles. I don't like brake problems:icon_frown: Hope this helps

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited 5MT
2,815 Posts
check the corner that the outside pad was burnt up on, make sure it's wearing evenly again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts