Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know with the sti intercooler you need the sti bpv with it. Would the wrx bpv work?

bland...

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
You will need to get the stock lower piping that goes with it of course as I believe they are curved differently than our stock fxt version.

·
Registered
859 Posts
DAMWAGN said:
You will need to get the stock lower piping that goes with it of course as I believe they are curved differently than our stock fxt version.
Or go to the autoparts store and pick up some radiator hose that is the right diameter and ghetto rig it like I did. :)

Frank

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that I know it will work, are they the same?

I see people say yes and no on the subject. And if they are different is it better to run one that the other with the whole vf39 setup?

Bland...

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
The STi BPV has a stronger spring inside for handling more boost. I know there are some mod threads out there to make the WRX BPV work but it will be easier just to get a used STi BPV and be done w/ it.:wink:

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
I think Bluedevil has a STi BPV for sale.....

S

·
0 Posts
fmowry said:
My WRX BOV is running 21 psi tapering to 18 with no problems FWIW.

Frank
I thought the same thing. I had a spare WRX bpv so I decided to do the $0.16 mod. I logged a few runs, swapped the bpv to the modded one, did a few more logs. My grams of air flow through the MAF reduced slightly, and I picked up 1/2 pound of boost at peak (19psi). I could have had a small boost leak at the gasket of the recirc hose, but I doubt it.

I am curious if you would see the same results.

S

·
0 Posts
sirwilliam said:
The STi BPV has a stronger spring inside for handling more boost.
The WRX spring is stiffer. The WRX has a boost reference on the bottom of the diaphram, the STI does not. Plugging the boost reference and adding a vent hole makes the WRX bpv the same as the STI, but with a stiffer spring.

I have seen no surging or any other problems related to this mod, so I'm a believer FWIW.

Link:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454965&highlight=$0.16

·
Registered
859 Posts
Slatts said:
I thought the same thing. I had a spare WRX bpv so I decided to do the $0.16 mod. I logged a few runs, swapped the bpv to the modded one, did a few more logs. My grams of air flow through the MAF reduced slightly, and I picked up 1/2 pound of boost at peak (19psi). I could have had a small boost leak at the gasket of the recirc hose, but I doubt it.

I am curious if you would see the same results.
I was eventually going to get around to it. We'll see.

Frank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts