Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought from SubyDude in Fremont? I was looking at a set of Rota SDR wheels. I'm a little hesitant buying wheels online...

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
815 Posts
Oh yeah, they are great, I have bought my wheels and tires from Subydude, and several other products. Great guys to deal with.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to hear. I'm on the fence on whether to get a set of factory alloys or go to a 17" Rota. It's mainly a daily driver and I'm not sure about 80 miles daily on a 50 series tire but this car was made for 17" wheels....decisions, decisions...

I can get the Rotas and 2-3 tires for the cost of new factory alloys and caps alone. Just answered my own question.

What size tire fits best, 225/50 17 or can I go with a 55 series? I want to stay with the 48 offset.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Subydude is an entity here in the Bay Area Subie community and I've met him and his staff on several occasions. They've been around for years and have always had a great reputation.

I'm running 225/50/17 on my Rota SDR's.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys.

I like how Rota has wheels that are close to a factory look so it doesn't look so aftermarket yet you get a good range of choices or finish and size.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Bought my SDR's from subydude. Great company. They didn't include the spline drive when I received them... customer service sent it out right away.

Roo also sells stuff and will match subydude's prices (I think).

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
sirwilliam. Is that a typo on your tire size. If not those are 3.9% larger than stock which is a lot.

Are you lowered? and did you do anything special to get them to fit?

Bland...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts