Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after buying my wife a 2010 x, which was our first I thought to myself when my Malibu takes a crap I'm gonna get another one. Well today my malibu decided after 200,000 miles it was done. So I went and bought a 2004 xs fully loaded. 60,000 miles Black. I would love to hear some feedback on the 2004 models good and bad anything would help. I just can't stop looking at the damn thing! I hope that it runs another 200,000 miles and it seems to be in really good shape. Serviced on time for the last 6 years with only a few minors dents on the outside. The previous couple traded it in on a new forester so that made me feel good that it served them well. Thanks for the imput!

Rob

·
Registered
2003 Forester X Auto
947 Posts
Sounds like a good find. Besides regular maintenance, the dreaded HG leak seems to be the only area of concern on subarus equipped with the 2.5 N/A motor. Just keep an eye on the external seams when you change the oil and coolant levels when you check the oil and other fluids and you should be able to detect it early enough to prevent any damage. This HG may never ever go, but better to err on the side of caution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts