Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to swap my steering rack due to both inner tie rods going loosey-goosey on me finally... and found an 04 STi steering rack from a yard for a decent price. Why just replace when you can upgrade, right?

I received the rack today, and lo and behold, it's an '05 rack. I don't know how this happened, because the VIN on the paperwork and on the shelf tag is clearly an '04MY vin, but the rack is definitely an '05 with the bolt-through mount on the driver's side. I guess I could sell it and find another '04, but the '05 style is an upgraded design so it might be worth the switch.

Has anyone here actually done the '05+ STi/WRX crossmember swap into an SG Forester? I'm curious about fitment details.

Thanks,

Porter

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
2,076 Posts
I decided to swap my steering rack due to both inner tie rods going loosey-goosey on me finally... and found an 04 STi steering rack from a yard for a decent price. Why just replace when you can upgrade, right?

I received the rack today, and lo and behold, it's an '05 rack. I don't know how this happened, because the VIN on the paperwork and on the shelf tag is clearly an '04MY vin, but the rack is definitely an '05 with the bolt-through mount on the driver's side. I guess I could sell it and find another '04, but the '05 style is an upgraded design so it might be worth the switch.

Has anyone here actually done the '05+ STi/WRX crossmember swap into an SG Forester? I'm curious about fitment details.

Thanks,

Porter
Gandapanda did it. Details here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts