Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to say they are worth every penny and more. I had one on my 02 RS first and noticed a definite performance, and audible change. The Header flanges meet up perfectly to the motor and cat. My only fitting dis-like is how close it is to the oil filter. In four years of sporting a Borla it's never been an issue just fore thought.
On my X like the RS It's a great purchas. I've had the new one on my X for a few months. No CEL, no loosening of anything, and all kinds of looks from people when my wagon goes by.
If you are looking for a great performing relativly inexpensive addition to your exhaust check one out... And if your looking to finish off that exhaust check out the Stromung cat back system. The two together have a sound and peformance that can compete with systems much more expensive.

BTW, because of the thiness of the tubing exhaust gas passing through sounds kind of like a leak. I was concerned the first time I installed one and did all kinds of leak testing, changing gaskets, the usual stuff. Never did I find any problems.

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
yes but i've heard you have to bend the pipe a little to fit past the auto tranny

·
Registered
41 Posts
is it just me or are these headers very loud?? i have these with a custom exhaust line and people can here from pretty far away! but im very happy we this purchase, great sound great power!

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
yes they are loud but it puts out a great note. mine (coupled with high flowcat and stromung axleback) can be heard from very far away

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
I like mine but...... the cobb is calling my name with the stromung cat back

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Wraith that leaky sound was it coming from the header or the stromung? Thanx

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester X
314 Posts
Not to sound stupid How much would it cost for a header install??

Also a good site to get one or spot on the east coast??

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dlroto said:
Hey Wraith that leaky sound was it coming from the header or the stromung? Thanx
It was leakeage from the flanges. I took a disk sander to them and now they are perfect. No leaks and alot nicer power delivery...

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
ForesterNation said:
Not to sound stupid How much would it cost for a header install??

Also a good site to get one or spot on the east coast??
very easy to do your self

1 - 11 of 11 Posts