Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an autometer mechanical boost gauge. It is reading high. What would cause this? Also when the car is off, the boost measures posative by 1.2lb. Any idea?

Also I just purchased an sti tmic with all the trimings. Bov, ypipe and hoses. Do i need anything else to put this on my XT?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
815 Posts
I have an Autometer boost gauge, and when the car is off the needle sits just above 0, maybe 1 psi. Calibration is off just a hair.

How high is it reading? Your stage two should be reading close to 15 psi in fourth and fifth gear pulls.

·
Registered
249 Posts
SkiPhast is right - my boost gauge shows marginal negative with the engine off - its a calibration thing.
What do you mean by "high"?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it reads about 1lb posative. The boost gauge reads around 15, but i have seen it as high as 16.5. Maybe it was over boosting, but i didnt think that was much of a problem with the stock turbo. Also, how accurate is the live boost reading on the cobb ap? it reads lower than my mechanical gauge.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
FXT said:
Also I just purchased an sti tmic with all the trimings. Bov, ypipe and hoses. Do i need anything else to put this on my XT?

Thanks
make sure you bend your coolant lines back and down slightly to clear the back passenger side of the IC and the back of teh y-pipe. there was a sticky on SF.com showing my little incident :oops:

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
2,225 Posts
I have a mech autometer boost guage and it seems to be calibrated OK. The needle sit at 0 when the car is off. I occasionally see it read 16 lbs. on my ghetto installed STi conversion. I don't know where it should be reading but it seem to be in the right neiborhood.

Ben

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,168 Posts
Won't an STI intercooler negatively affect performance without upgrading the turbo? Too big for the stocker?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Autometer as well. It seems to be a hair over zero when the car is off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 '06 FXT
835 Posts
A boost gauge may not read zero all the time. Depends on actual atmospheric conditions. If you are at a higher altitude, it will read less. Here is a link which shows altitude versus pressure. Keep in mind the barometric pressure changes all day long, so you will not match this table exactly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts