Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Looks great! I was considering the same tires on my 2018 2.5 Touring. Do you know anyone running the same size as you on a non turbo? I am hoping to keep the old rims and just run the DynaPros. Do you have any pictures of the spring perch clearance and front scrub?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Have you thought about upgrading the aesthetics of your exhaust?.....
https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/7372634-post128.html
I haven't since I have an aftermarket Nameless Exhaust right now. Not really happy with the sound though, so might go back to OEM and I do like the modified tips you linked. Might have to go that route. Thanks for the idea.
Looks great! I was considering the same tires on my 2018 2.5 Touring. Do you know anyone running the same size as you on a non turbo? I am hoping to keep the old rims and just run the DynaPros. Do you have any pictures of the spring perch clearance and front scrub?
I've seen a few people on here that have ran a similar wheel setup with Dynapros on a non turbo. Don't remember hearing any complaints. Below our a couple pictures from my 14XT. Not the best, but I think might help you. The one makes the tire look closer to the perch than it actually is:
IMG_4471 by Dustin Boone, on Flickr

IMG_4470 by Dustin Boone, on Flickr

·
Registered
154 Posts
Very nice pics! What kind of equipment did you use? I see some outward flaring so maybe a 24-70 lens? Regardless, they look great and Sepia is a great color too! I might have to go this route when I test drive another Forester!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looking good to see another photog digging subie. I'm going to get one myself hopfully in few days. Need to work out some logistic but cant wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
^I've been really happy with them. On my 3rd set after putting around 100k miles total on the previous two sets. They are light and pretty well mannered on the highway for an AT tire. They work really well in snow and have been pretty durable. Never had a flat until recently even though I've logged plenty of rough dirt road miles with them. They only hurt my gas mileage by like 1-2 MPG's from what I can tell and they're not too loud. They're really quiet for the first few thousand miles, but will start to get louder as they get more worn. Rotation and even wear will probably minimize the noise.
Nice setup for sure! I have a 18, non XT and considering your set up. Couple questions, is your speedo still close to accurate and did you have any challenges with the TPMS?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Inspired by Boone, I just ordered the same wheel and tire setup. Well, I went with the newer Hankook AT2's. They seem to be a bit better suited for on-road use but can still do some off-road. Boone, I shot you a DM regarding this setup :).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts