Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good source of information on modifying Subarus? I would expect any books on this subject to be based on Imprezas but I guess the information gleaned would still be valid.

I found this guide on MRTs website:

http://www.mrtrally.com.au/performance/wrxbook.htm

- It includes MY06 Imprezas - has anyone read it and can give us a review?

Ian :)

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts
For paper bound reading buy a Chiltons or the Subaru service manual. For a lot of detailed, step-by-step, instructions read here:

http://www.scoobymods.com/

Unless Peaty is going to be published sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
274 Posts
"Unless Peaty is going to be published sometime in the near future."

AHEM *cough* HINT *cough*.

:p

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hondaslayer,

The link I posted was for the latest edition of "Training WRX" - have you read this or the earlier versions?
Can you add some detail on what you thought of it?

Scoobymods is, without doubt, the greatest but I have read all of those 6 times at least!

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Forestier said:
Hondaslayer,

The link I posted was for the latest edition of "Training WRX" - have you read this or the earlier versions?
Can you add some detail on what you thought of it?

Scoobymods is, without doubt, the greatest but I have read all of those 6 times at least!
Right,

Training WRX is just another good one :)

Pretty good info overall, a bit of emphasis on Whiteline and MRT products though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've got 2nd Edition and it seems a good read with sensible advice. So the 3rd edition is probably just as good but more up to date.

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Although its not Subaru specific, I would highly recommend a hardback performance tuning book called "Forced Induction Performance Tuning, a practical guide to supercharging and turbocharging" by A. Graham Bell. Its published by Haynes Publishing and sells for $39.95 in book stores. Anyone who wrenches on and tunes their own turbo vehicles can learn something from this book. Everything from theory and application to boost control, fuel delivery, air inlet, and exhaust related information, just brushes the surface. Having owned and wrenched/modded 11 turbo cars (and truck) over the years I still refer to it from time to time.

Btw- It does have a picture of a WRX on the cover!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts
N10S said:
called "Forced Induction Performance Tuning, a practical guide to supercharging and turbocharging" by A. Graham Bell.
I thought he was the telephone guy? "Dr. Watson get over here! I've got 22psi of boost!"

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
TAGXT04 said:
I thought he was the telephone guy? "Dr. Watson get over here! I've got 22psi of boost!"
Yeah, being a telephone guy myself, I always get a chuckle when I see the name on the book.The author is from Maitland, New South Wales Australia.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.

I just ordered version 3 of "Training WRX" from the MRT website - cost is $80Aus/ $60 US / £34 sterling (all inc. postage).

I will post my impressions once I have read the book - ("Here's one of a WRX at full throttle through a left hand bend")

Ian :drive:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts