Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Virginia Motorsports Park with my 2006 WRX TR. The strip is located at ~100ft above sea level and according to the National Weather Service conditions were as follows:

Relative Humidity 65%
Temperature 50F
Dew Point 28F
Pressure 29.96 in. Hg

My car has just over 5,000 miles on the clock, and I'm running a 'true' factory stock set-up (nothing from the intake, exhaust, engine management, etc has been changed). I used Shell 93 octane gas (had a 1/4 tank), tires were at 40psi all around and I did no weight reduction other than remove my spare tire.

While I've been drag racing for 4+ years now, this was my first time with a WRX. I made a total of 8 passes and my three fastest are displayed below along with the run where I got my fastest 60ft but missed the 2-3 upshift... :rolleyes:

On all my runs, I launched between 4,000-5,000rpms with some clutch slip. I'm car #802:

I was talking to an '02 WRX owner at the track and he mentioned that when he had a bov & TBE but was otherwise stock he trapped at 97mph and was able to run a low 13.7 - he was very impressed to see the 2.5L WRXs running so strong from the factory. While I didn't flat-foot shift my car, 95% of my shifting tonight was extremely fast & crisp. I netted my fastest traps & et's with upshifts at: 1-2 6,500rpms, 2-3 6,400rpms, 3-4 6,250rpms.

Here's a couple of pics showing my car in the pits, staging lanes and a shot of my 'factory-stock' engine bay.

-Chike

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very SWEET Chike! Glad to see you running the new WRX and that it's doing so well :biggrin:

(svxxx26 on the SVX Net)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jerry. Honestly, for the money (23K) I feel like she was a serious steal. Subaru made a winner! :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
How'd the Dodge Dart parked next to you do. It looks like a '69 GTS with possibly a 340. I used to have a '68 GTS (seriously dating myself).

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mslasube said:
How'd the Dodge Dart parked next to you do.
That was my first opponent. He ran a 16.993 @ 80.62 to my 14.190 @ 95.85.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If the Dart had a 340, it was a very tired 340! It sounds like a 318 must have migrated to it's engine bay.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a scanned pic of my fastest et & fastest 60ft (but w/ the missed 2-3 shift):

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
177 Posts
Those are some okay times that you've ran, but you could get better times if you get better 60' times. The general statement about 60' times is that every .1 second you shave off of the 60', you'll take off .2 seconds off of your 1/4 mile time.

Keep working on the launch practice and you'll definately see mid-high 13's on your stock WRX. :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kickin_81 said:
Those are some okay times that you've ran, but you could get better times if you get better 60' times. The general statement about 60' times is that every .1 second you shave off of the 60', you'll take off .2 seconds off of your 1/4 mile time.

Keep working on the launch practice and you'll definately see mid-high 13's on your stock WRX. :)
I agree. I'm not ecstatic about my times and definitely feel like I have another .3-.4 that I can shave off. I just need to let my car cool for longer at the track and get a better launch. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts