Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, I'm pickling up my new '10 FXT tomorrow (10/23/09). This little gem has been sharing the garage with a 15 yr old Jeep until now. It's going to be peeved to have to sleep with the Subie!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
04 FXT
374 Posts
That's cool. I wanted a boxster when I was looking for a new car. Only thing that drove me away was that i needed more space.....well, and i figured insurance might be a bit much.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's cool. I wanted a boxster when I was looking for a new car. Only thing that drove me away was that i needed more space.....well, and i figured insurance might be a bit much.
It's got to be a second car in the snow country. This one's a 2001 and I can insure it at a very normal rate. However, repairs and maintenance are absurd. For instance I just paid $640 for a set of REAR tires and then $288 to have them mounted and balanced plus an oil change (no, not by a dealer!!) And I got 12K out of my rear tires which is considered excellent, as some guys get 5000 on a set of rears.
I have done all of the maint in the past 2 yrs that I've had it. That oil change was the first thing that was done by a mechanic. They take 9-10 qts of Mobile 1.
The FXT will be a pleasure to care for.....

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts