Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1764 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bobby. I'm from Oregon too. What are the tint laws on front windows, and I'm curious if that's why you don't have them all dark. Mine look like yours do, I want them all around.. and I found a place in Eugene that'll do them to any level, but he said it was illegal to drive... Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,562 (Edited)
Here you go ODOT FAQ about Window Tinting.

As to why all my windows are not tinted. I never cared for all the front glass to be tinted dark. The factory glass does have a light tint & it appears darker when the rear glass is tinted. :wink:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,563
Remote fob repair.

I repaired a couple remote fobs, so I thought I'd post the pictures here. Both repairs were successful.

I used a test lead clip (alligator clip) to hold the loose switch in position & tight to the circuit board. Then I used a specialty 30 watt soldering iron with a needle tip to solder the switch back onto the circuit board.

I had to use more solder than would be normal, since the tabs on the switches were broken off.

Bobby...

September 2012

February 2013

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found ► here. (post #124)

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,565
Brian,

Always good to hear from you! :cool:

The repair is very easy, assuming you have the tools & there's enough there to work with. Much easier & less costly than buying a new remote fob, then having to program it. :icon_eek:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,567 (Edited)
JDM red hazard switch.

I bought this from Ben, TeamBAMF here on the forum. :cool:

I'm going to install this as part of my automatic climate control swap... '07 to '04, so I haven't installed it yet. :frown:

Bobby...

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Bobby! Great journal, I just did my first big DIY on my 08 Sports... The spoiler! It looks great and thanks to your post about it it all went well! Keep up the great work, and thanks allot!

Cheers from Puerto Rico.

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,571
Matt,

Always good to get a post from you! I've been monitoring your progress on Roo II & it's coming along nicely. :cool:

As to updated...
To tell you the truth, I'm still on the fence about continuing to post any more write ups here. I don't like being restricted by the forum image posting restrictions that was forced on us last year. It's totally changes how I envisioned the layout of my write up posts, when side-by-side images are no longer allowed. :frown:

I may opt to find another place on the internet that will allow me more freedom to be creative & I'll move my write up there. :confused:

Bobby...

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Thanks Bobby. Glad to know you're following. Roo II is the build I always wanted Roo I to be, so I'm glad things are coming to fruition.

Last I heard, they were planning on removing the photo patch they implemented last year. I don't know what came of that but I agree that it's very restricting. I could see you having a personal website or blog where you document all your mods. The sky is the limit in terms of creative freedom, but wouldn't porting all your existing write-ups over be a pain? Maybe not since I remember reading you draft your posts in a word processor, then copy and paste to the forum...

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,573
Nothing has changed on the image posting restrictions. If it was going to restored, it could have been done instantly. As the saying goes, "it is what it is". :frown:

Actually it would be very easy to move my writes ups... if I choose to go that route. Matter of fact, it would only take one click of the mouse to remove all my Photobucket hosted images. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,575
I have all the parts, brand new, to install a VF48, but I've been busy on house projects. :frown:

My tuner did a great job on my stock COBB AccessPORT dyno protune, so the Forester has very good power & it spools up very quickly. Because of this, I really haven't had the urge to move quickly to stage 2. :cool:

Bobby...

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,576
300,000+ Member Journal Views!

Another milestone screen snapshot has been added to the collection! :biggrin:

Bobby...

300,000+ Member Journal Views!
February 2, 2013

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,579

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,580 (Edited)
'03-'04 climate control downgrade project parts.

These parts were delivered yesterday... thank you Jackie! :biggrin:

I always get my Subaru parts from Jackie, SubaruPartsGirl here on the forum. She's a forum supporting vendor & a parts wiz! Her direct number at Annapolis Subaru is (866) 509-3019. :wink:

Bobby...

Attachments

1561 - 1580 of 1764 Posts