Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1787 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Looks good Bobby! I still need to upgrade my scoop...ugh. We need to have a mini PDX meet-up, so we can get lunch and ogle your FSXT. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #982 ·
Bobby, you have the most thorough write ups ever! Though it's not my gen of Foz It's still so nice to read through your posts! Very informative stuff and great photos too!
=)
Thanks for posting your comment! :biggrin: Half the fun of doing a MOD is the write up. To do the write up, I need to take supporting pictures. I have to admit taking pictures can slow up the MODding, but it's kinda cool to relive the MOD when doing the write up & even more fun to share the experience with others. :wink:

As to the pictures. Someone once told me if you take took a 100 pictures, there would be some good ones & maybe a perfect one. I have to say taking digital pictures beats the heck out of my SLR 35mm film camera! Now I can take as many pictures as I want to with no film developing to hassle with! :cool:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
41,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #983 ·
Looks good Bobby! I still need to upgrade my scoop...ugh. We need to have a mini PDX meet-up, so we can get lunch and ogle your FSXT. :biggrin:
Thanks! Now if the weather drys out... not likely from the looks of it... I can get some wax on the Forester! :wink:

If you have a mini PDX meet, your engine build will get the "ogling"! :cool:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
41,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #985 ·
No, feels about the same as the stock seat height. As you know I swaped the mounting rails when I did the seats, so the STi seats are sitting 1-1/2" higher than the standard STi seat height. Are you sure it's not the adjustment? I know with the STi seats, you can crank the seats up until you head goes thru the roof! :icon_eek:

BTW, I'll try to get your wheels off this week. I was hoping Alex's new wheels would be here by now. I'll see how larger boxes I have will work. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
41,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #987 ·
Hmmm... perhaps the STi seats you have are taller... or you're too tall! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
41,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #989 ·
You must have a long torso? :confused: I'm around 5'9" & my son is close to your height. He sits so far back that I feel like I'm falling in when I sit in his driver's seat! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
41,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #992 ·
Thanks for the compliment! :biggrin: If you can get one on a group buy or one that already painted, you can save time & the additional cost of having it painted. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
41,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #993 · (Edited)
Wool Blankets for the Emergency kit!

I've been looking for some light weight blankets for our vehicle emergency kits. I found these at Harbor Freight. Nothing fancy, but for $6.99 each, perfect for our use! :biggrin:

Bobby...
2 lbs. 60" x 80" wool (80% wool & 20% polyester) blankets, made in India.

Attachments

·
Administrator
41,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #995 ·
Hail damage in Oregon very rare. I'd opt for the heaver $9.99 blankets, which would give you better protection. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
41,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #998 ·
Something tells me a "dimpled" car is not in our future... unless you live in an area that gets "killer" hail storms or you drive a golf ball! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Haha, yeah I think even if it does improve mpg significantly ppl wouldn't drive it purely because of aesthetics. Kind of sad really.

·
Administrator
41,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,000 ·
You'll get to drive one of these! I don't see any "dimples" on it. :wink:

Bobby...
Subaru hybrid concept car.

981 - 1000 of 1787 Posts