Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1782 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #961 ·
I read somewhere that the COBB AccessPORT screen will burn out if it's used constantly. Have you heard this? :confused:
Ringer runs his a lot and has had no issues.:shrug:
I should have said burn in & not burn out. Kinda like what a CRT or plasma screen can do if the image is in one spot too long. :wink:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
40,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #963 · (Edited)
Momo AT shift lever knob!

I bought this from doogle, a member here on the forum. :cool:

Yes, it looks like a "microphone", but I've always wanted one. After seeing the Momo AT shift lever knob installed in my Forester, my son wanted one for his Forester... for his Birthday! :icon_eek:

Bobby...
Here's a picture of the installed Momo AT shift lever knob.

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #966 ·
I have one of those and really like it. Looks nice and feels good to use.
I like the sleek look & it provides a better grip. I have to admit it's a bit cold to the touch on cold mornings... not that I'm complaining. :wink:

Had one in my car for a couple weeks, though I didn't like how tall it sits or how it looks like a microphone. So I put it in my sister's car. It is a quality knob though.
Hmmm... you're right... it does look like a microphone! :lol: I don't think it any taller. The factory/OEM one I removed was taller than I thought it was. Perhaps the dark color makes it seems shorter? :confused:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
I like the sleek look & it provides a better grip. I have to admit it's a bit cold to the touch on cold mornings... not that I'm complaining. :wink:

Hmmm... you're right... it does look like a microphone! :lol: I don't think it any taller. The factory/OEM one I removed was taller than I thought it was. Perhaps the dark color makes it seems shorter? :confused:

Bobby...
Yeah, I guess compared to the stock SG AT shifter, its around the same height. I was comparing it to my LGT stock knob:

Though that delrin one I use now(pictured) is quite a bit shorter than both the stock LGT and way shorter than the momo.

·
Administrator
40,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #968 ·
I was looking at the STi shift knob, but really didn't care for the small knob on top of the chrome shaft. Of course the price was a bit on the high side! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Yeah man those are expensive. That does look kinda silly with all that exposed chrome. Come to think of it, when I put the MOMO knob in my sister's OBS it didn't seem to sit any higher than the stock shifter (same as the one the SG)

The delrin knob I got fits nicely on the shorter stalk in my car IMO

·
Administrator
40,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #970 ·
The lower part of Momo AT shift knob unscrews just under knob. I'd guess when it's used on a MT the leather boot is attached there. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #972 ·
Hmmm... sometimes what seems to make sense, doesn't. :confused: No real need for the two parts on a AT shift knob, so it must be done to simplify the machining. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
I was looking at the STi shift knob, but really didn't care for the small knob on top of the chrome shaft. Of course the price was a bit on the high side! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

Put a leather boot around it and it would look great!

I wonder where the threaded end of the knobs actually is inside each of them?

·
Administrator
40,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #974 ·
On the Momo shift knob, the thread insert is way up there & it appears to be nylon. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #976 · (Edited)
That would explain the look.

I would think that the inserts would be about the same height to allow the knobs to sit about the same.
Perhaps I'm cheap, but $150 for an STi shift knob is a too much for me. :icon_eek: I'll stick with the Momo "microphone" shift knob. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Just like to say I love the journal. It has helped me with a couple things!Great job and when is the ProTune coming? :woohoo:

·
Administrator
40,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #978 ·
Thanks for looking over my Journal & taking the time to post your feedback! :smile:

The COBB dyno protune is scheduled for next Tuesday. I don't expect any major power gains, but I will know what my starting horsepower is. IMO, if you don't know what you have (starting point, or base line), how do you know how much you gained from your power MODding? :wink:

My son is going to be the photog, so I feel another entry to my MODding Journal is coming up! :cool:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #979 · (Edited)
STi scoop upgrade - Part 3

The weather was nice today, in between Spring storms, so I installed my freshly painted JDM STi scoop! :cool:

Bobby...

Here's a comparison of the '02-'03 JDM STi scoop, aka JDM V7 STi scoop (left) to the stock XT scoop (right). If you're going to have an STi scoop painted, make sure you request the "entire" scoop be painted. If you don't request this, the vertical supports may be left unpainted (black plastic). This is the way a factory/OEM scoop is painted. IMO, unpainted vertical supports look bad on the taller STi scoop.​

The upper picture shows the drop cloth I placed over the engine. There are lots of small nuts & screws that can be dropped, so save yourself the hassle of searching for dropped items by using a drop cloth. The lower picture shows the duct that needs to be removed. There are 3 screws across the bottom (remove first) & 2 screws plus a plastic screw clip on the top (remove the screws & then the plastic screw clip). When the fasteners are removed, the duct will tilt down & can be removed from the 2 bottom alignment slots.​

This larger picture shows the removed duct. To use the stock duct with the taller STi scoop, the areas marked with yellow arrows need to be formed upward to fit the underside of the STi scoop. The material is soft aluminum, so it's very easy to shape with your fingers. It may take a couple test fittings to get the desired tight fit.​

The upper picture shows the duct removed. Note that there are 5 nuts & 3 clips. Remove the 5 nuts first, then release the clips & lift off the scoop. The lower picture shows the hood scoop opening. This is a good time to clean & wax around the area where the scoop will sit. It may be a long time before you're here again. :wink:​

These last two pictures show the STi scoop installed. IMO, The STi scoop should be stock on an XT!

Related posts:

Attachments

·
Registered
:(
471 Posts
Bobby, you have the most thorough write ups ever! Though it's not my gen of Foz It's still so nice to read through your posts! Very informative stuff and great photos too!
=)

961 - 980 of 1782 Posts