Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

841 - 860 of 1782 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
I appreciate the turbo information! I'm not there yet, but you know how that can go! :wink:

Brian (Tuned200) was really pushing me to get the STi seats installed, so that added a few pages to my Journal. :icon_eek:

It sounds like you had a great vacation! Much more fun than working! :cool:

Bobby...
Yeah, the vacation was great... but it's back to work tomorrow morning. :eek: it's going to be a very rough Monday morning :icon_frown:

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
Yes, I know what you mean! I used to hate taking vacations from work, since it would take me weeks to get things cleaned up when I got back! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
40,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #844 ·
Nope, I can't be rushed... unless I want to be. :wink: Hmmm... so there is something good about getting old... other than using it for an excuse to be grumpy all the time! :biggrin:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
40,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #846 ·
Brian,

The check for the wheels was in todays mail, Thanks! :biggrin:

I've been preoccupied with yard work... damn mild weather, so getting the shipping boxes slipped my mind. :icon_redface: I'm going to call my tire/wheel guy today. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #848 ·
My tire guy has been off, back tomorrow. I'll let you know when I have shipping boxes. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #850 ·
Thank you buddy. No hurry.
Talked with Joe/Les Schwab, my trusted tire/wheel guy this morning. He's going to look around for some boxes for me. I'm not going to cash your check until the wheels are shipped. :wink:

On another note. The alloy chrome 17" Motegi MR7 wheels on the '03 X are going bad! Looks like the alloy & chrome are interacting... like creeping rust under paint! :mad:

If they not covered under warranty, I'm thinking of these wheels. Alex wants to stay with a chrome. These are black wheels with a deep stainless steel lip & chrome accents on the spokes. Yes I know, chrome isn't for everyone, but it looks sweet on the '03 X with the dark blue paint & black accents. :cool:

Bobby...

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #854 · (Edited)
Those look good bobby. Are they cost effective?
XXR wheels are considered low to mid price, way less than what some of the guys here on the forum spend for wheels. So far, I've been impressed with the construction & quality of the wheels. :cool:

Jeez, can't the boy buy his OWN rims? :N_poke:
No kidding! :biggrin:
IMO, if the vehicle is provided by the parents, it's the parents responsiblity (100%) until they finish school, start working full time or leave home. That was the way I was rasied & so the tradition continues. I'm sure my parents would approve, if there were still around. :smile:

Besides, I still love that '03 X Forester... more so than the '07 FSXT, but I'm getting there... :wink:

Once I get the '07 FSXT up to speed, I'm going to change out the turbo (precaution) on the '03 X. I never finished the final tuning, so I'd like to get back to that project. This time I'll start a MODding Journal for the '03 X to show how to add a turbo to an N/A engine & destroy it. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
IMO, if the vehicle is provided by the parents, it's the parents responsiblity (100%) until they finish school, start working full time or leave home. That was the way I was rasied & so the tradition continues. I'm sure my parents would approve, if there were still around. :smile:
I guess you're lucky Snoshado isn't your son then... :lol:

·
Administrator
40,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #857 ·
He has come up in a few discussions with my son. :wink: Wait until you have kids that start to drive! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
My girls will drive when they have a job and can pay for gas and insurance. By that time they could inherit the 05 X!

Bobby- Any plans to redo the rear seat?

·
Administrator
40,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #860 ·
My kids are gonna walk... end of story :lol:
No transportation, means shuttle service provided by the parents. :icon_eek:

Bobby...

841 - 860 of 1782 Posts