Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
801 - 820 of 1787 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #801 · (Edited)
'05 STi seat upgrade - driver seat - damage found!

After finding the cracks on the STi passenger seat, I expected to find the same on the driver seat & I did, but this damage was unexpected! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

This picture shows the damage. The supportive side bolstering is accomplished by adding additional metal supports from the seat base into the seat foam. It doesn't give, so over stressing can damage the foam. Of course this would not normally be noticed, unless you pealed off the seat skin to install seat heaters. :wink:​

Here's the fix. Very easy, but it will have to sit over night so the glue (contact cement) can setup. :frown:

Links to related posts:
The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

Attachments

·
Administrator
41,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #803 · (Edited)
I have to say the wrinkled seat heater pad was a PIA to reinstall. It had been wrinkled & sat on so long that it didn't want to lay flat. I had to use extra Scotch 3M 666 double-coated tape to keep the seat heater pad flat. It took some doing, but it's on nice & tight now! :cool:

I thought the driver seat would be easier, but with the problems I ran into, it's a toss up as to which seat was harder. :icon_eek:

Bobby...
Here's the modified STi driver seat ready to go into the Forester tomorrow! :biggrin:

I figure better safe than sorry! As I did to the stock seat before I removed them from the Forester, I wrapped the mounting tabs on the STi seats to prevent scratching anything when placing the seat into the Forester!

Links to related posts:
The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

Attachments

·
Administrator
41,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #805 · (Edited)
Thanks! :smile:

I knew I could get that plug off with something sticky & "duct" tape was my first thought! I did have to clean the oil off the plastic for the best grip, but it was surprising how easy it was to pull off the cap. Matter of fact, I used a larger piece of duct tape to remove the cover on the driver seat height adjustment lever. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
41,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #806 · (Edited)
'05 STi seat upgrade - complete!

I have to say I'm glad this project is complete. It was way more involved than the '04 STi seat upgrade on the '03 X. I honestly don't know what additional sensor they can add to our seats! :icon_eek:

I can't believe how different the '05 STi seats feel & how much they changed the appearance of the cabin. IMO, the STi seats are night & day from the stock Forester seats, but I'll let you decide. :wink:

Bobby...
Here's the before picture with the stock Forester seats.

Here's the after picture with '05 STi seats.

Links to related posts:

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
Looks great Bobby! Seems like everyone in Portland with an FSXT no longer has their stock seats installed. :wink:

·
Administrator
41,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #810 · (Edited)
Your sunglasses have not moved. :lol:
They do move, but they always seem move to that same spot. :confused:

Looks great Bobby! Seems like everyone in Portland with an FSXT no longer has their stock seats installed. :wink:
Once your butt has sit in an better seat, there's no going back! :icon_eek: Still, my son likes the Forester driver seat. It replaced the '03 driver seat that was in the video game room. :smile:

It looks like we have a run sunny 60* days coming up, so I think I'm going to give the Forester a wash tomorrow & take a run on my favorite twisty road. :biggrin:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
They do move, but they always seem move to that same spot. :confused:

Yeah, mine always end up in the overhead console in the Outback. I only have one cup holder down there, and it is normally occupied by a bottle of water or something. lol

Your seats look awesome! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
41,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #812 ·
Not sure what year it started, but the '07 Forester has a bottle holder in the door (both front) near the speaker. Kinda looks like they they bulged out what was always there... still it's always good to have additional storage. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
41,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #813 ·
COBB AccessPORT - The power MODding has started!

The MODding on my Forester has progressed nicely since I bought it last year (June/09). Now it's time to start thinking about Power MODding & I figured the best way to start is with a COBB AccessPORT. :biggrin:

The COBB AccessPORT has been married to the Forester ECM & the Stage1 tune map has been installed. :cool:

Bobby...

Attachments

·
Administrator
41,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #817 · (Edited)
Boost bug has bitten! Congrads on the new power. I didnt notice much improvement with our car from stock to stage 2. A turbo swap is where its at!
I took the Forester out on a roundabout run (twisty over the mountain route) to do grocery shopping. It's so twisty that you can see your *** coming around on some of the turns. With the STi seats, it felt like I was glued to the seat! Then there are long straight stretches where I can go WOT until I decide I've had enough! Today with the COBB Stage1 map, the WOT was very good... at first, until I felt the engine cut out & I got a CEL. This is the first CEL since I bought the Forester... very disappointing! :mad:

Sweet!!! Are you going to join the VF39 club, or are you going bigger? :icon_eek::icon_wink:
Not sure yet. I was kinda wating to see how your MODding turns out. :wink:

Cough VF48 Cough
So you'd pick a VF48 over the tried & true VF39? :confused:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
41,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #819 ·
Yes I would. Reason is its a newer turbo. The vf39 could be 6-7 years old. VF48 is no more than 2 years old.
Thanks for the information! I'll keep that in mind. :wink:

Bobby...

801 - 820 of 1787 Posts