Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1772 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Now that makes it sound "nasty"! :huh:

On the positive side, there are lots of plastic fasteners on that thing that can be reused on other parts of the vehicle. :smile: I'll keep it somewhere, once I can get it clean off... pretty oily. For now, it's hiding in the back yard, behind the recycle & garbage carts. :wink:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,506 Posts
I saw in another thread that you're already getting a bigger scoop... I'm jealous!! :smile: I just installed a hacked up stock splitter to get more air to my STi TMIC but even more would be better. A bigger scoop and splitter are definitely on my list of "down the road" mods!

·
Administrator
38,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Yes, I ordered one, but they were out of WRB. :frown: It turned out a buyer was returning a scuffed one, so they're going to repaint it for me. :smile: Even better, they're going to paint the entire scoop, unlike the JDM scoops that only paint the outside. I also want the vertical supports painted to match. I had this done on the scoop that's on the '03 & it really looks good. Normally the inside & vertical supports are just left as they're molded. :biggrin:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
38,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Sony head unit & Directed Electronics HD Radio

The Sony CDX-GT610Ui head unit came in today. We have this head unit in the '95 Neon Sport & the '03 X Forester & we love it. It features a hardwired iPOD cable to directly control an iPOD thru the head unit. It's no longer in production, but I was able to get a factory refurbished one on e Bay. You can view my installation write up here. :wink:

The installation will have to wait until I get the other associated items that will be installed at the same time. :frown:

Bobby...

▲ This will allow the Sony head unit to receive HD Radio. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,535 Posts
Dang Bobby.. I'm not sure getting this new Forester was a good idea for your account balance. :p

·
Administrator
38,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Dang Bobby.. I'm not sure getting this new Forester was a good idea for your account balance. :p
You can't spend it when your dead, so mod away! Just tell the kid it will be his inheritance!
Considering what I spent on the AVO Turbo kit & other MODs for the '03, the '07 is only getting "pocket change"! :wink:

BTW, the title came in today's mail, so now I can get it registered & licensed! :biggrin:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
38,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Everyday brings more parts for my '07 FSXT MODding project! :biggrin:

Here's what was delivered today. They will be for MODs, some obvious, some not... :wink:

Bobby...

Here's some more parts headed to the MOD box. Nope, I'm not going to tell you how they'll be used or for what. :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Administrator
38,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
What a week!

Finally today, Friday, July 17, 2009, the title & custom plate transfer for the '07 FSXT is complete! :biggrin:

Here's the story. :icon_eek:

I purchased the '07 FSXT out of State in Washington on June 29, 2009. I finally received the title on Monday, July 13, 2009.

On Wednesday, July 15, 2009, I gathered up all the paperwork & headed to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). I got the forms off the website, so all the forms were filled out & I had all the supporting documents. Still, I wasn't looking forward to this. I had a "gut feeling" that this was not going to go smoothly. :confused:

The wait wasn't too bad, reminded me of when I was there with my son when he was learning to drive. It made me smile, seeing all the parents there with their kids. It's funny how most of the teens had noticeable traits of their parents. :smile:

The guy at the counter was pretty easy going & transferring the son's custom plates from the '95 Neon to the '03 Forester & getting new generic plates for the '95 neon went smoothly. Now we're to the '07 Forester. The title transfer for the '07 ran into a snag. For some reason the dealership decided the Credit Union I got my cashier's check from was the lien holder? This was "not" on the document I signed, it was added afterwards! I verified this with the carbon copy of the document that was given to me at the signing. Okay, the title can't be transferred & my custom plates from the '03 can't be transferred to a vehicle that isn't titled in Oregon! Wait, there's more! Now I can't drive the '07 without purchasing a $20 trip permit! :mad:

It was early, so I drove to my Credit Union to see if they'd release their interest in the '07… not that they had one. To make a long story, they refused, saying they couldn't release what they didn't have. On the positive side, the Credit Union representative did call the dealership, explained the situation & the dealership agreed to overnight a revised document. This was still Wednesday... note when the overnighted document was delivered! :shake:

It's now Friday, July 17, 2009. The FedEx envelope was here before 9 am! Okay, armed with the revised document, I headed to DMV. The wait wasn't bad, 15 ahead of me. More time for me to people watch… kind of fun. :smile:

When my turn came up, I was surprised that the title transfer went thru without a hitch! Wait, there had to be something… my custom plate transfer! Because the original plate transfer didn't complete on Wednesday, the records were... gone! Luckily, the guy that helped me on Wednesday was there & remembered me… most likely from the amount of transactions that I required. They called the custom plate department. I didn't know they had such a thing?! They finally found the information on my custom plate & this nightmare is finally over! :biggrin:

Bobby...

Reactions: subaru15097

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
^ Whew! Sounds like one heck of a week.

I still gotta figure out what's gonna happen to the OB's plates when I get it back to TN in September. :/

·
Administrator
38,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
As I wrote, it was kinda expected & it made enough of an impression that I decided it needed to be part of my journal. Besides, writing is good therapy! :lol:

Next week, the '07 will be going into the body shop to correct some cosmetic issues. I don't want to be bothered by those issues when the "real" MODding begins! :biggrin:

On another note.
My son is getting the '03, so I sat as copilot & I watched him get use to driving an AWD. :icon_eek: I have to admit, the '03 sounds as good as it looks, my opinion of course. :wink: It's handling & exhaust sound makes the '07 feel very plain. I never realized how much the MODs had changed the '03! Now it's time to make the '07 into my ride... :smile:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
38,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Wheels

As many of you on the forum know, I don't follow the group on many things. I had 17" Motegi MR7 alloy chromes on my '03 X (love them!), now my son's Forester. A chrome wheel would not look right on my WRB '07 FSXT, but I still want a bit of shine. This is what I've narrowed my search down to & it will be 18" wheels, with Toyo Proxes 4, 235/45 rubber. I prefer 17" wheels, but with a polished lip, the wheel tends to look smaller, so I'm moving up to 18" wheels. The only issue now is how the blue accents (can be painted to match) will look with the WRB & the quality of XXR wheels. See the added information at the bottom of this post. :wink:

Bobby...

Features:
  • 5 spoke track design with incredible reflective properties.
  • Pure chrome plated deep stainless steel lip.
  • Tuner lug pocket and inner window painted gloss black.
  • Interchangeable spoke color kit available in Chrome, Gold, Red Chrome, Blue Chrome and Pure White.
  • Spoke face plates can easily be color coated to match car color.
  • Available in 17", 18", and 20" diameters with 7", 7.5", 8.5". 9.5" and 10" STAGGERED widths.
Here's a picture wheel, with my rear butt flap to compare the colors. :smile:

Here's a link to the wheels & tires installed! 18" XXR 507W wheels & Toyo Proxes 4, 235/45 tires! (Post #390)

Attachments

·
Administrator
38,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Thanks for the feedback. You can never tell if it's the "one", until you can see it up close & in person. I'm not going to buy blindly, so I need to see if I can find a local dealer. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,161 Posts
I think those wheels will look REALLY good if you go wide (8.5")! (More lip = sexier) :icon_cool:

PS - I did some tire shopping at Costco yesterday and really liked the look of the Michelin Sport A/S Plus. They're $70 off if you buy 4. Tirerack also has them in several sizes. They've received excellent reviews, too.

·
Administrator
38,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
Hmmm... I'm not sure I want to wider? :confused: I like the way the 235/50 on the '03 fit on the 17x7" wheels (+40 offset). As to tires, I've tried many brands & styles before I settled on the Toyo Proxes 4. :biggrin:

Bobby...

61 - 80 of 1772 Posts