Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

661 - 680 of 1782 Posts

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
Oh I still have my cargo liner and still use it (it's also blackened from suspension grease).. just forgot to the day i hauled suspension bits! X_X!!!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 · (Edited)
I know what you mean! It's easy to forget & it's too ugly to keep in there all the time... at least mine is! :wink:

For those just looking, here's the post under discussion.
Rear skirt - trim panel replacement. (Post #658) This looked bad, so it had to be replaced!

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
You paid $40 for the kit? My local Subie dealer had them for $25 on a big "clearance" table. I picked up one for each Forester. The shovel is not too bad at all. I've even used the saw on it a few times while camping.

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #664 ·
That's a very good price! :cool: Were any of the dated items close the expiration date? Saw? Was that a typo? No saw in my kit, just the sand box shovel. :wink:

The subject under discussion:
Subaru Severe Weather Companion. (Post #648) Better safe than sorry!

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
The stuff in the kits still had nearly 2 years left before they expired.

The shovel has saw teeth on one of the edges.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,050 Posts
If you've been reading my Journal, you know my '07 FSXT was purchased used last year (July/09) with 21K miles. There was some wear & tear from a year+ of being a lease vehicle, before it was repossessed. Yes, another story that can be found in my Journal. :icon_eek:

I've been repairing & replacing worn or damaged parts as I continue my MODding journey. This was another item on my to do list.

Subaru part:
  • TRM PNL AY SKIRT R - 94026SA001ML
This trim piece comes in black or beige. The part number above is for the black color.

I ordered this part from Jackie, @SubaruPartsGirl here on the forum. She's a forum supporting vendor & a parts wiz! Her direct number at Annapolis Subaru is (866) 509-3019.

Tell her you're a forum member, as she gives forum members a discount! :wink:

Bobby...

Here's the before picture so you can see how scratched up the trim piece is!

The replacement trim comes with the chassis clip inserts installed on the trim piece. Don't forget to pull them off or you'll find yourself wondering why it won't snap into place! :icon_redface:​

Here's a picture of the new trim piece. Now the trim looks as good as the rest of the Forester! :cool:

Looks great! Nice and refreshed! I am surprised you haven't picked up a nice rear bumper protector that has "Forester" on it. Great for resting stuff on and not scratching up the bumper.

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 ·
The stuff in the kits still had nearly 2 years left before they expired.

The shovel has saw teeth on one of the edges.
Right you are... looked while I was installing another MOD today. My assistant (son) looked thru the kit. He mentioned the frozen water packets & the shovel, but not the additional saw feature on the shovel! :confused:

They're selling on eBay for $40 & higher, which isn't a bad price from the search I did on the internet. It might be a chance for someone to make some money by picking up a bunch on closeout & reselling them! :cool:

Bobby...

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
Subarugenuineparts.com (Subiegal) has them for $38.10. I'm sure Jackie would have the same price.

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
Not as good as the closeout price you got! :cool: The $40 I paid on eBay did included the shipping charges. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #670 ·
Looks great! Nice and refreshed! I am surprised you haven't picked up a nice rear bumper protector that has "Forester" on it. Great for resting stuff on and not scratching up the bumper.
Thanks Will! :biggrin:

The answer to your question is here. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 · (Edited)
Perrin Intake Air Box Hose, PSP-INI-350BL

Another part for the MODding box was delivered today! :biggrin:

Bobby...

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #674 ·
It's not MODding weather, if you have to work outside. :frown: It's always nice on the internet, so I'm surfing the internet looking for stuff for the MODding box & looking forward to the the upcoming nice weather... or the calm between storms. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #675 · (Edited)
PERRIN "AFTA-MAF" Intake Air Box Hose, PSP-INI-350

I liked how the PERRIN intake hose dressed up Chris' @sea-scooby engine, so I thought it would be a nice MOD for my Forester. You can view Chris' installation here. :cool:

After looking around for a PERRIN intake hose, I found one on the PERRIN website. Even better, it was on a sale for $39.99! I see it's now back at the normal price of $79.99. :icon_eek:

The installation consists of loosening the hose clamps, pulling off the stock air box hose & installing the PERRIN hose. I have to admit installing the PERRIN hose was a bit of a pain. I found myself thinking the hose could have been a bit longer! The easiest way to install the hose is to start on the engine side. Once the hose is in place & the clamp is tight, unsnap the air box lid & move it so the PERRIN hose will slide on, then tighten the hose clamp. Once the PERRIN hose is secured on both ends, position the air box lid onto the filter box & secure the cover in place with the 2 spring clamps.

Bobby...

The upper pictures show the box label. The lower picture is the PERRIN "AFTA-MAF" intake air box hose as it comes in the box.​

The upper picture shows the stock air box hose. The lower picture shows the PERRIN air box hose installed.

The upper picture shows another view of the finished installation. The lower picture compares the stock hose to the PERRIN "AFTA-MAF" Intake Air Box Hose.​

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #677 ·
Thanks! :smile:

The rest of the hoses will have to wait until I decide on the upgraded intercooler & turbo. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #679 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Looks sharp, Bobby! Too bad they don't make those fancy tubes for my car. I just work with the ghetto PVC method. :lol:

Can't wait to see how this thing turns out!

661 - 680 of 1782 Posts