40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #642 · (Edited)

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
As usual outstanding work Bobby.

Also, I spy 25,000+ views! Congrads on being the 1st to reach it!
Thanks Brian! :cool: I would love a screen snapshot of when I hit 25,000 views, but that's almost impossible to do. :frown: Still, I beat the odds & I did get a screen snapshot for 19,000 views! :smile:

Thanks to everyone who stops by to check out my MODding progress! There are still lots of projects in the "MODding box", so there is much more to come with lots of pictures! :biggrin:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 · (Edited)
Walbro fuel pump installation kit, 400-791

I received this today from Jackie (SubaruPartsGirl)/Annapolis Subaru, a supporting vendor here on the forum.

I already have a Walbro GSS 342 in the "MODding box" waiting to be installed. I also have a Subaru 42073FE020 in tank fuel filter. I also wanted the prefilter "sock", just in case I need to replace it. From what I was told, the only way to get the prefilter sock is in a kit, so I purchased the $22 Walbro fuel pump installation kit, 400-791. I may not need it, but IMO it's better to have too many parts, than not enough! :wink:

Update!​
You don't need this kit! The only part I used was the piece of 5/16" hose & I could have reused the old piece. See my complete installation write up on the link below.Bobby...
Here's how the Walbro fuel pump installation kit comes.

Here's a view of what comes inside of the plastic bag.

Related post:
The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Thanks Brian! :cool: I would love a screen snapshot of when I hit 25,000 views, but that's almost impossible to do. :frown: Still, I beat the odds & I did get a screen snapshot for 19,000 views! :smile:

Thanks to everyone who stops by to check out my MODding progress! There are still lots of projects in the "MODding box", so there is much more to come with lots of pictures! :biggrin:

Bobby...
I almost did a screen shot, it was at 25,003. LOL

·
Administrator
40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 ·
I'm not sure if the forum updates the "views" in real time or scheduled times. I'd guess scheduled times. No matter, it's history now, so on to the next milestone. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 ·
Subaru Severe Weather Companion, SOA868V9500

I found this for a good price, so I figured it would be a good addition to Forester. :cool:

Bobby...
► 11 year update! ▼

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
^ Sweet! I'm still working on adding to my emergency kit.

·
Administrator
40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #650 ·
Don't let that shovel fool you! It's metal, but not much larger than a toy sandbox shovel. Still, better than using your fingers or a stick! :wink:

I figured our vehicles should be carrying some emergency supplies. I'd guess you could make up your own kit, which would be way better. I figure I'd start with this one & add to it. Top on the list is food of some kind that would last & not take up too much room. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
I have some MRE's that fit that description perfectly. I can have chicken and rice, or italian pasta, or salisbury steak. I'm pretty sure they all taste the same though. :lol:

·
Administrator
40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #652 ·
That would be perfect & great for a snack when you need to rotate the stock! :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2010 X Limited
63 Posts
I finally had time to look at all the pages on this log. This is now one cool car!

·
Administrator
40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #655 ·
That kit is awesome. What did it cost? I accept b day presents since I turn the big 31 on Jan 24th...LOL
$40/USD shipped on eBay. Happy almost B-Day! 31... I can't even remember 31... must mean I'm getting old! :wink:

I finally had time to look at all the pages on this log. This is now one cool car!
Thanks for taking the time to look thru my Member Journal & especially for letting me know you enjoyed it! I still have much to do, so stay tuned for additions to the story! :biggrin:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to look thru my Member Journal & especially for letting me know you enjoyed it! I still have much to do, so stay tuned for additions to the story! :biggrin:

Bobby...

Longest journal thread ever. :lol:

Well, the longest one I've seen on SF.org anyway.

·
Administrator
40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #657 ·
Give me time, I'm still adding to this thread! :biggrin:

Yes, this thread is getting pretty long, that's why at post #124 , I decided to add a Table of Contents for my Member Journal. I figured this was the only way readers could find specific posts, without having to browse thru all the chitchat post. :wink:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post [URL=http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=124]#124 )[/url]

·
Administrator
40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #658 · (Edited)
Rear skirt - trim panel replacement, 94026SA001ML

If you've been reading my Journal, you know my '07 FSXT was purchased used last year (July/09) with 21K miles. There was some wear & tear from a year+ of being a lease vehicle, before it was repossessed. Yes, another story that can be found in my Journal. :icon_eek:

I've been repairing & replacing worn or damaged parts as I continue my MODding journey. This was another item on my to do list.

Subaru part:
  • TRM PNL AY SKIRT R - 94026SA001ML
This trim piece comes in black or beige. The part number above is for the black color.

I ordered this part from Jackie, @SubaruPartsGirl here on the forum. She's a forum supporting vendor & a parts wiz! Her direct number at Annapolis Subaru is (866) 509-3019.

Tell her you're a forum member, as she gives forum members a discount! :wink:

Bobby...

Here's the before picture so you can see how scratched up the trim piece is!

The replacement trim comes with the chassis clip inserts installed on the trim piece. Don't forget to pull them off or you'll find yourself wondering why it won't snap into place! :icon_redface:​

Here's a picture of the new trim piece. Now the trim looks as good as the rest of the Forester! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
Good stuff Bobby. I'm moving towards replacing the whole trunk areas with blank panels and those black carpet enclosures since I got grease from suspension bits on my grey panels and carpet :(

·
Administrator
40,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
Thanks! :smile:

I got lucky, as the previous owner did have a rear cargo liner, so the carpet is in near mint condition. I still have the liner & I toss it in when I'm hauling stuff to save the carpet. :wink:

Bobby...

641 - 660 of 1782 Posts