Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

601 - 620 of 1782 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #601 · (Edited)
Awesome as usual Bobby.

I got the email on the Scoop, I will be looking into it.
Mine is still with the painter. I'm in no hurry, since it winter, so I told him to take his time & make it "perfect". Having worked on my vehicles in the past, he knows what I expect. :wink:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #602 · (Edited)
Thanks for the nice post. That is really a great idea. I can tell you like to do things right the 1st time.

Ken
Thanks for taking the time to look over my Member Journal. :smile:

This is my second Forester, so I did learn a lot by MODding the '03. :wink:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #604 · (Edited)
Nope, 2 different post & different subjects. I wanted to give each poster a personal reply. An xQuote doesn't always feel right... to me. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 · (Edited)
All-Weather Mat coaster MOD

First, credit to satalac's thread here for coming up with this great MOD! :cool:

I was cleaning up the other day & I found 2 Subaru All Weather Mat coasters, so I figured I'd MOD them to fit in my '07. I MODded a set for the '03 way back & they look great. :biggrin:

Before you decide to do this MOD, be aware that Subaru has discontinued the All Weather Mat coasters, so unless you already have them, you're out of luck. :frown:
Update!
May 18, 2012
They're back & you can get a set of Subaru all-weather mat coasters here at the Subaru Gear website! :cool:

Bobby...

The left picture shows the project with coasters oriented to match the existing mats & the electrical scissors used to make the cut. The Right picture shows the coaster being cut after the template was used to mark the cut. Note that using a see thru template will allow easier centering of the lettering on the All Weather Mat coasters.​

The left picture shows one mat cut & the next one being marked with the template. The right picture shows both mats cut & ready to test fit in the Forester.​

The last two pictures show the MODded All Weather MAT coasters installed in my Forester. :cool:

► Update - May 7, 2017 - This is what will be replacing the above All Weather Mat coaster! :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Looks good, you should start your own business selling them lol.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
very nice.

An idea, what is the diameter of your mats? You can purchase a bit for your hand drill that will cut a perfect circle.

Then you can go into production. Just do not mention your selling them on this forum. :)

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #609 · (Edited)
No good, the cut out isn't round, it's kinda oval. :frown:

Looks good, you should start your own business selling them lol.
Thanks, but satalac gets the kudos for coming up with the idea. From my research, you can't get the Subaru All Weather Mat coaster anymore. They were really cheap to buy (4 for $3) & were given away as swag by the dealerships. I should have bought more, but that's how it goes. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Aw, now you got me wanting some lol. Oh well, my foz doesn't have those kind of cup holders anyways I guess.

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #611 · (Edited)
If you didn't care about the Subaru branding on the mat, you could pick up some ribbed rubber floor mat & do the same thing. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #613 ·
Right you are! Must be at least 5 HP gain per coaster. :wink:

Bobby...

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Since you only used 60% of the material, you gained 6hp instead of the full 10hp.

Looks good!

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #615 ·
Hmmm... perhaps I can find the discarded pieces & find a use for them... I hate to waste the HP! :wink:

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
629 Posts
yes I did the cup mod awhile back, I ended up buying spares just in case

·
Registered
2004 Forester X Automatic
90 Posts
Just took me about half the day but I finally got through your entire thread! Everything you have done is amazing! Can't wait to watch you continue with the Modz!!

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #618 ·
yes I did the cup mod awhile back, I ended up buying spares just incase
I sure wish I bought more, but they ran out right after I got my set (4). :frown: You could put those extras up for sale! I'm sure there are those that want to do the coaster MOD. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #619 ·
Just took me about half the day but I finally got through your entire thread! Everything you have done is amazing! Can't wait to watch you continue with the Modz!!
I appreciate the positive feedback! MODding is way more fun when you can spread the bug! :biggrin:

There are many more MODs to follow. I've got 2 more write ups to do & there are lots of "to do" MODs in the "MOD box"! Then the power MODs should be a blast! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
40,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #620 · (Edited)
Surprise snowstorm!

After a period of freezing temperatures, what was to be a rain & snow mix turned into a surprise snowstorm! :icon_eek:

Bobby...
December 29, 2009​

I took this picture Tuesday evening. From what I heard, it made the commute home from work a nightmare! Another plus for being retired! There was 4+ inches of snow by morning. On the positive side, it should be gone shortly, since the temperature is well above freezing now. :smile:

Attachments

601 - 620 of 1782 Posts