Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4 speed Auto
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well does the new Forester work with Android based phones-specifically a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone? Easy to use, access contacts, etc? Any differences between Base, Premium and Limited in functionality and connectivity? Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium 6M
106 Posts
I have a poopty old HTC Inspire. Bluetooth works very well for the one thing it was designed for: Placing calls without touching your phone. Voice is very crisp at both ends (dependant on signal, ofc) and the voice commands are picked up very well without having to "train" the system.

As far as I can tell, it does NOT access your phone address book, and instead uses one that you can set on the car.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
^ What he said. Address book gets copied from phone to Forester. Be aware that Subaru didn't include a lot of memory so too many address entries can affect how the system works - Voice dial may not work, for example. Had to remove 1500 contacts from my phone to get it to work properly.

·
Premium Member
2013 Battle Wagon The Lazy One
1,358 Posts
^^^ 1500? wow youre popular haha

In my '13 with my GS3 everything worked 95% of the time. Sometimes I would have to restart the phone so my music wouldnt be choppy. But now with my Note 3, I can barely get it to sync at all... I am looking into a new headunit.

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.0 XT Prem CVT
16 Posts
I have an HTC one and 14 XT with Harman Kardon. Voice and sound is pretty crisp win making calls no problem. Quality of music to begin with was average, there was slight distortion on high frequencies for all phone music, spotify and normal music stored on phone. However since my HTC One updated software sound quality on Bluetooth music improved significantly and is pretty crisp. The Bluetooth doesn't like reading SMS off the phone too early adter start up, and for some reason not compatible with HTC One stock email app to the point that it interfered with SMS. Since I disabled the stock email app(I use gmail) SMS reading function started working again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 FXT Touring CVT
144 Posts
What provider? My Samsung Note 3 has horrible connectivity to the blue tooth and I use Verizon. Connects and disconnects all the time. Like every 20 seconds or less.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts