Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving my 20-minute commute today, the Bluetooth kept disconnecting from my phone. It happened frequently, at least 25 times during my commute.

I have the '10 FXT with the OEM/Kenwood Nav unit with Bluetooth. I haven't played with it to figure out what's happening, but anyone have an idea or experienced the same thing.

I do know that this OEM unit is not user friendly which is annoying, but I am not replacing it anytime soon.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD
609 Posts
I don't believe it's made by Kennwood but rather Clarion. :confused:

But the only phone that I had those issues with were the Motorola Krave, every other phone has worked fine.
So I figured it was an issue with the phone.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, being a new member here, I am unable to post links/pics. But member "tisho" posted a link of his install of the OEM Kenwood unit. And I asked the dealer, they said it's a Kenwood.

Anyway, I have an LG Vu. I'll play with it later. Maybe my phone just needs to be reset.

·
Registered
2020 Touring
151 Posts
It's a Kenwood Nav unit

I've heard there are some phones that the Kenwood has problems with but not LG's. I've used a trusty 3yr old Motorola Razr with my unit and it works like a charm. Maybe a phone reset like you said NormSubie will help.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Phone reset did not work, but "Re-register" worked. Hopefully I won't be doing this too much.

It didn't disconnect during my commute home.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
I've used a few phones with no major issues, iPhone, a couple Blackberries, .. the only time I sometimes have a connect issue is if my wife's phone connects to car and fights a little with mine for the head unit.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've used a few phones with no major issues, iPhone, a couple Blackberries, .. the only time I sometimes have a connect issue is if my wife's phone connects to car and fights a little with mine for the head unit.
Ahh... I think that's what kinda happened. My wife used the Forester last Saturday and used her phone. Cool... now I feel a little better knowing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts