Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.5X 4EAT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my 2013 Forester X with the base stereo I found a bonus feature the other day driving home.

Ever since I bought the car, people who I called could certainly tell I was on a bluetooth in a car, and the system was un-usable at freeway speeds. It would give them an AC/DC sonic blast of wind and road noise through their phone.

I was in a situation like this when I was pushing the volume buttons on the steering wheel and had to swerve to avoid a crater (a pothole doesn't describe this thing, you could easily confuse it with the Chicxulub impact crater) causing my thumb to hit the "V" button below the volume decrease button, you normally change tracks on your iPod or FM stations with these buttons. The display said "MIC GAIN 3" and the person I was talking to said: "Thanks, that is so much better." I experimented with it a little more, and it has 5 levels. Level 1 you need to shout at like you are angry and level 5 it can hear an owl feather being rustled. In the back seat. Mine was factory pre-set at 4, but works much better on 2 for me.

Try it out with yours and see if you can tune it for the comfort and sanity of the people who you are calling.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
The closer you mount the mike to your mouth, the lower you can run the gain and lessen the extraneous background noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts