Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bluegrass Motorsports Park 10/24/2009

Today several people had an invite to drive the new and not yet completed Bluegrass track. The cars ranged from Subaru’s to S2K’s, Civic’s, a Busa and even a NSX.

If anyone wants the high res copies, let me know via PM.

Track layout.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Videos. Yes, they suck, not soild camera mount> me.

Inside my forester. I should have taken the crap out of the hatch.

YouTube - Forester XT auto in car at Bluegrass

I could have easily outpowered the NSX, but NO passing was allowed.

Jeff's forester

YouTube - Bluegrass #2

YouTube - Bluegrass #6

The road up to the track

YouTube - Bluegrass motorsports park

Random videos

YouTube - Bluegrass #3

Evo sounds badass.

YouTube - Bluegrass #5

Randy, I removed the photos of your car for now. I will have to do some editing to blur your plate.

·
Registered
2007 07 FSXT
488 Posts
The track is really fun to drive. As you can tell it is in its early, early, early, stages of development. There were 60-70 cars there and the vast majority were Honda S2K's. There were investors (or potential investors) present and I think that's the reason the whole event took place (did we mention it was free). The place is a lot more impressive with 60 performance cars turning laps than if they brought potential investors up to this windy ridgetop in October to see a strip of blacktop in a hay field. Also, they put a 90mph speed limit on us in the main straight. That's why we had to lift at the end of the concrete pad (not even halfway down the straightaway), and the reason for the chicane at the end of the straight.

It highlighted the fact that the Forester needs more suspension work than just sways and Swifts. I never timed a lap, but in three sessions I got about an hours worth of track time.

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
Only thing you'll find w/ tracking is that the cost to play is exponentially higher than drag/autox'ing. But so is the fun.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Awesome... how lucky to get an invite to something like that! I see lots of calendar-worthy images here, too. Hope to see some entries!

·
Registered
2007 07 FSXT
488 Posts
^^that's my ugly mug behind that windshield. that is about a 65mph wide open third gear turn....you just don't get the sense of speed from stills.

here is a good look at the track...

·
Registered
2007 07 FSXT
488 Posts
again...the track runs clockwise and we had to lift at the end of the concrete pad along the straightaway because the host asked that we not run faster than 90mph....and they had the tire wall chicane set up about 3/4 of the way down the straight. i would love to get back out there when it is fully operational...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts