Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Limited automatic
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I want to set my 2009 forester X limit with blue tooth for my Iphone
I'm sure I will have to get a new radio for it with blue tooth. any suggestion on that. and have a satellite radio to. my radio show to be satellite radio it has a SAT button but can't give me a code number maybe I'm doing it wrong any help on that, this is my first subaru forester I'm trying to learn all about it. thanks for your patience. I know i'm going to have a ton of questions about my subaru forester I'm glade I found this site :woohoo:

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Hi. I want to set my 2009 forester X limit with blue tooth for my Iphone
I'm sure I will have to get a new radio for it with blue tooth. any suggestion on that. and have a satellite radio to. my radio show to be satellite radio it has a SAT button but can't give me a code number maybe I'm doing it wrong any help on that, this is my first subaru forester I'm trying to learn all about it. thanks for your patience. I know i'm going to have a ton of questions about my subaru forester I'm glade I found this site :woohoo:
All the SAT button means is the you can select the SAT receiver, if it is installed. Odds are the SAT receiver has not been installed if selecting that button does nothing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there any after market radio's work better with subaru then other

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at some paper that came it said satellite radio capability
what do I have to do to make it satellite ready?

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
I was looking at some paper that came it said satellite radio capability
what do I have to do to make it satellite ready?
Have the XM or Sirius (your choice) receiver installed in your head unit. Depending upon where you buy it, you will pay anywhere from $320 to $380 for the receiver and the install will run about 30-45 minutes worth of labor charges.

My local dealer charged me $318 plus $45 for labor (plus sales tax, of course) and I was out the door in 30 minutes.

I've had SAT in two previous vehicles and it was painful dealing with local FM stations until I got the receiver installed in the Forester. :new_multi:

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport 4EAT
1,663 Posts
There are many aftermarket bluetooth options out there.

Personally I think the cleanest option is to get another head unit with bluetooth in it already.

If you go with an add-on unit, the Parrot ones are pretty good. I've got a Parrot CK3200 in one of my cars and it's pretty good, but the bluetooth-enabled Pioneer head unit I have in the Forester is still a notch nicer.

Here's a quick blurb on some of the different options.

How do I get Bluetooth® in the car?

Also, I believe the navigation head units from the SH Foresters had bluetooth. You might be able to find one of those. Here's a thread with a bit of info on what headunits came with what.
Stock head unit information -- pin-outs, aux inputs, and more - NASIOC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts