Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... it's been a while since I posted up but I wanted to share this. It happened Saturday, April 17th, around 7pm in Jersey City at the intersection of Rt. 440N and Communipaw Ave. To make it the story short: Guy cut me off :icon_mad: in a Jeep and hit the car in front of him then I hit him. I had no real time to react and this was the reult:

Pics fom my cellphone:

Guy's car that cut me off :mob: :

Overall I'm alright...just a little sore. Emergeny room doctor said I'll be fine but I will have body aches. I thank God that I was not seriously injured and that no else too got injured.

Looks like the engine might be totaled. The front radiator crushed all the pulleys up front and my mechanic said the timing belt actually snapped. The airbags did not deploy because my car was lowered, so the switches were below the impact zone.

Don't know if the insurance will total it...we'll see...:icon_sad:

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT auto Auto
510 Posts
ouch! Glad to hear you are ok. I thought for sure that the airbags would have gone off.

Any chance you will part out the lip spoiler?

·
Registered
2005 FXT
37 Posts
WOW!!! Thank God u were riding is a Subaru and nothing happened to u. Looking at ur pics make me wanna cry.:icon_frown:

·
Registered
07 Subaru X - Columbia
42 Posts
How much were you lowered?

Just curious, and I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if you hadn't been lowered would the Subie's fender have taken more of the impact and the engine taken less?

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,936 Posts
Oh man.....that sucks.

Can I ask where in NJ this happened? We used to live in Annandale and left for New Hampshire 2 years ago....the drivers up here are 125% better than down there. There ARE A-holes, to be sure, but they're usually up from Mass. No offense intended to our Mass. Forums members....it's just our experience that when we run across an aggressive driver up here, it's almost always a MA car........

I thought the airbags might have gone off even with the vehicle lowered........guess not, obviously.

Really sorry....I really liked the color of your XT..........

Steve

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,160 Posts
Glad your ok man...

I almost shed a tear for your forester, that really sucks man, hope things work out, worst case you get a new forester and make it even more badass :evilatyou:

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
Wow...that sucks. Glad to hear you are OK. I love the WRB Foresters. It looks bad...Do you think it will be totaled? Did your airbag/s deploy?

Do you want to sell your STI grille badge and the tailgate badge if it matches? :biggrin:

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
And this is why I leave ZERO room for people to cut me off. People call me a tailgater but I'm not THAT close (it's like 3-4 ft of space, enough to see the rear wheels on a lowered car), just close enough to not allow someone to stick their ugly head in. I still have enough room and good enough reaction time to stop in any case.

Hope for the best!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
So sorry man. Looks like your foz got a really bad pounding. Glad you're okay. Best wishes.

·
Registered
04 FXT
373 Posts
The airbags did not deploy because my car was lowered, so the switches were below the impact zone.
Sorry to hear about the foz, thats a great looking car.

I was thinking about the airbag thing myself when i dropped my XT, and this kind of makes me worried. I like handling, but i'm not about to sacrifice safety for a low car....

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well, airbags are only secondary to seat belts.. they are primarily there for people who do not wear seat belts at all. So if you wear seat belts, I would not worry. We don't have the ones that protect us from shattering glass anyway.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Oh man.....that sucks.

There ARE A-holes, to be sure, but they're usually up from Mass. No offense intended to our Mass. Forums members....it's just our experience that when we run across an aggressive driver up here, it's almost always a MA car........

Steve
Haha! So true, the whole reason I have Hella 500ff's and Hella SuperTones behind my grill. Couldn't agree more. Why they call us Massholes.

Sorry about your Fooz, I think it be totaled dude. I though you couldn't get an STI Forester is the US?

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Sorry about your Fooz, I think it be totaled dude. I though you couldn't get an STI Forester is the US?
The OP's car is a 08 Forester Sports XT, which utilizes the JDM Forester STI front end, minus the HID headlights.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts