Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome Blu-Blur! Blu-Blur is a 2006 Forester XT Limited with leather interior, a 5 speed trans and BlueRidgePearl paint. Blu-Blur was purchased from our local dealer with a touch over 96,000 miles on the clock. The timing belt service as well as all other services were dealer maintained. Blu-Blur is used with a few dents and scratches, but not too bad for a used SUV. No real plans for this one yet other than to drive it. The household project will remain the Gray Goose and getting a 6 speed / Brembos into it which could result in Blu-Blur getting the left overs. Jordan will be assisting me with his magic in cleaning Blu-Blur up and getting it back in shape.

Can you see the mods?

We have already installed the Hella's and the Forester Developers plate delete bracket.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't wait to see this baby come together!
Matt, can you ask a mod or admin to delete this post so my post is 2nd. This would be awesome for the table of contents!

F

·
0 Posts
9th Post! So when this journal is over 50 pages long and has over 25,000 views I can say, "yup, I was there from the beginning...." :biggrin:

Nice Foz! I've always wanted an 06-08 XT MT.....

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
9th Post! So when this journal is over 50 pages long and has over 25,000 views I can say, "yup, I was there from the beginning...." :biggrin:

Nice Foz! I've always wanted an 06-08 XT MT.....
I hope this journal and build is 1/2 as good as the Goose!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,351 Posts
I installed the rear dust defector on our '03 X & those mounting points on the sheet metal are blind-installed internally-threaded rivnuts. They'd be a PIA to remove, since you can get to the back side. :frown:

On the positive side, the rear dust defector does a better job of keeping the rear glass clean & it looks the best on a dark color Forester. :cool:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
I love the irony involved in this forum. How many other places can you find a group of people who trade in a newer low milage car for an older high mileage manual version of the same car. Lol

Looks awesome and im jealous too. I wish I had a manual tranny.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the irony involved in this forum. How many other places can you find a group of people who trade in a newer low milage car for an older high mileage manual version of the same car. Lol

Looks awesome and im jealous too. I wish I had a manual tranny.
I love shifting gears.

Tonight, Jordan stopped by and checked it out. He seemed impressed with it and said we can clean it up real good. We also added several stickers to the windows.

Next up is window tint and the sunroof tint.

1 - 20 of 319 Posts