Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HVAC fan blower only turns on at max level in my '14 Forester XT. I suspect the blower motor resistor needs to be replaced. I tried to search for the parts and I found two different parts. Sorry I cannot submit direct links yet, here are part number I've found under subarupartsdeal.com:
subaru-power-transistor: 73533YC000
subaru-resistance: 72226FG001

Under the description, both are referred to as "blower motor resistor". Can anyone tell me which is the correct part? Thanks.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,044 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@2.5x_sleeper thanks for the clarification. My XT Premium doesn't have automatic climate control, like I can only turn a/c on and set fan speed manually; I don't have an option to set temperature and let the a/c run automatically. So that means I need the resistor, not the transistor?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,044 Posts
Curious... I'd assumed the XT was the top of the line with all the goodies, but looking on cars101.com-2014, it appears you have have the XT Turing to get the automatic climate control!

I have automatic climate controls in my '07 FSXT & I hate them! I wish I had the simple manual controls that were in my '03 X, now my son's Forester!

On the positive side, I'd guess resistor pack will cost less then the power transistor? :confused:

Also...
In the previous generation the wires would melt off the blower terminal. I don't recall anyone mentioning this later model years, so that may not be an issue in your '14.

Here's a link in case you want to look it over: Blower motor melts wires off

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:
I bought the resistor part and installed it. The installation is really simple, you just need to remove the lower trim piece on the passenger side to get to it. Two screws hold it in place on the left side. Now the fan is working on all four speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts