Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I know the name leaves a bit to be desired....
But thank you Uncle Sam!

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Well damn.. as if your car doesn't pull nicely already!

My refund was only $35 this year. :\

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I kinda went into a freak out mode when I was loosing oil out of the 48 due to poor installation skills on my part and the wheels started grinding in my head.
This is the result! Should be very interesting to see how it mates up with the 4EAT.

·
Registered
2008 XT Limited 4EAT
414 Posts
That's a beautiful thing. Where'd you do wrong with the vf48 install?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
Don't thank Uncle Sam... After all he just borrowed the money from you for a year at no interest! :wink:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't wreck it, just needed to add a qt of oil every other day. I did not put a fresh crush washer on the top of the oil feedline and my old washer was toast. Spent a week losing oil and I freeked a bit. Everything is just fine now thanks to some level headed advice from The Rookie and a trip to the shop. But...while trying to determine what was going wrong I was also researching a replacement.
The research looked so good that I went ahead with the upgrade anyway.

Sweet, I love to see the fellow 4EAT guys going bigger these days:woohoo:
I'm very excited to see how this works out!

Don't thank Uncle Sam... After all he just borrowed the money from you for a year at no interest! :wink:
Yeah, I know...

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries o_O

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm pretty excited.
From what I've been able to piece together, the large(10cm^2) hot side should help alleviate some of the "4EAT" torque spike at low rpms.
And of course, then there will be the WHOOSH!

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
what was the difference from the 2.5XT-R and the R? the billet turbine to quicken spool?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, as well as the increase in turbine housing size from I believe 8cm^2 to 10cm^2.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
i think with that turbo i would almost prefer the 8cm housing, help spool up time. i don't think u will be maxing it out on the top end so i don't know the benefit of the larger housing. nom on the dom3 xtr and dom4xtr i can see it

·
Registered
2002 wrx
123 Posts
Here is my input by going 10cm u will not need to go Ewg. So ur saving 600.00 . I just talked with hb speed and ran my build by them and said another forester was getting tuned with the 2.5rxt-r. I had a 20g 400whp so well se what this does.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
i think with that turbo i would almost prefer the 8cm housing, help spool up time. i don't think u will be maxing it out on the top end so i don't know the benefit of the larger housing. nom on the dom3 xtr and dom4xtr i can see it
i think that's why they put in a billet turbine instead of the old stamped steel one. lighter stuff to offset the increase in size to mitigate spool up delay.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,696 Posts
I can't wait to see how this turns out. My eventual turbo upgrade plans are either this or a 8cm 20G.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts