Discussion Starter #1
From the West Village in Manhattan...

Before:

After:

The 'hood:

·
Registered
618 Posts
There is a Forester somewhere under all that snow, this picture was takin this morning here in Brooklyn. The picture in my avatar is actually from last years Blizzard that roled through here. Damn gotta go clean off my car soon.

·
Registered
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
281 Posts
I guess this "blizzard" was much more of a coastal storm. Here in the NW corner of CT, we only got 5". I talked to a few friends (one lives 30 mins away and the other lives a hour away) and they both got 15+. So...I feel quite cheated :p I did snap a pic...but nothing to be proud of. 5" doesn't really fit the blizzard definition.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
We rolled over to the coast to check out the super high tide, waves, etc. It was pretty cool. Pics to come once I find the digital camera cable.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Blizzard pics from the Maine Coast:

The rocky coast @ Two Lights State Park:

Portland Headlight:

Forester in the parking lot (it had been plowed):

We're only about 1/2 way thru the storm now and it's still coming down... those pics were taken around noon... it only started snowing here around 9a.

·
04 XS Prem Gold
2004 2.5 XS Premium 4EAT
277 Posts
Forester9886 said:
I guess this "blizzard" was much more of a coastal storm. Here in the NW corner of CT, we only got 5". ...
Forester9886,

I just got off the phone with the NWS in Taunton, MA ... they were waiting for a final # from Bradley but were pretty sure this was a record breaker. As of 1pm, it was the 2nd largest snowfall in Hartford since they started keeping records in 1904. As of noon, Farmington was reporting 24" (not too far from the Litchfield hills. I'd say you got lucky. This has been a mess. My final report to NWS was 19.5" (on the border between Hartford & Tolland counties).

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
Here are some pics from my neck of the woods. Notice all the cars but my forester has snow on it, Thank God for garages. Just a note, I plowed my driveway @ 4:00 am last night and I wake up to more on the driveway. :) The better part of my day was spent on my ATV.

Attachments

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
It was sunny, and mid 80's here today. Spent the whole day around the pool. Putting up fence but still near the pool... ;) Gotta love Geography.

How ever some snow play would be nice. :neutral:

·
Premium Member
2003 XS 4EAT - maybe someday I'll hit 60K
107 Posts
Officially 26.9 inches in Central park, NYC. I have closer to 22". The car closest to the camera is the Forester. (but you already knew that)

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
^^^ awesome snowmen! :D

·
Premium Member
04 XT
733 Posts
Thanks for the great pics. It's been 70-80 here with no rain.:rolleyes:

We're waiting for a southern Sierra storm so we can go for a family Yosemite trip.

·
Registered
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
281 Posts
I love the color combo of your Forester, Bravo12! That was one of my favorite combinations...I'm sad that Subaru got rid of it :-(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts