Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the TB Coolant bypass mod and can't imagine that a lot of air entered the system. Still, I would like to be sure that I am right.

Is there a procedure on bleeding the XT? Sorry, I am new to Subaru's and would have done it a number of ways on any other vehicle.

I believe that there are two radiator caps as well so I am not sure which one(s) would be involved in this process if at all.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,482 Posts
According to the NASIOC guide:
9.) Use the towel to carefully open the Turbo Coolant Resevoir
How do you prevent from splashing all over??
There is a cap marked 'H' on the coolant line isn't it better to open that slightly while the engine warms up and if there are no bubbles coming out and coolant starts pouring out it means there is no more air in the system?
Cheers :)

·
Registered
2004 forester xt at
81 Posts
where is the good place to fill up the coolant?

hey i have a question i have fill up the coolant by the coolant filler tank, i see some do it by the plastic reservoir or the uupper radiator hose, just wanna ask if its ok the way i did it????? alsi is the drain valve on a forester 2004 xt is located on the front passenger side?, bcuz i did remove the lower radiator hose to empty the coolant put some distille water and fcleaner stuff , and im about to redo the whole process to the final procedure!.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts