Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bench bled MC before but that was on a 81 Scrambler so I was wondering if anything was different with the Subie. I have the STi MC and booster to go in and the MC is dry.

Do I just attach some hardware fittings with a nipple to the MC, run bleed lines to the res and pump the MC when in the vise? Scoobymods didnt have this procedure surprisingly.

TIA

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
541 Posts
I don't know about bench bleeding, but I have bled mine while mounted in the car (the reservoir went empty while I was changing calipers and the MC sucked air in)
The manual says to put a plastic under the MC (I used a large ziploc bag) disconnect the 2 lines, have somebody press the brake pedal slowly, then plug the holes with your fingers and have the helper release the pedal slowly. Repeat until no more air comes out, reattach the brake lines, then bleed the rest of the system (front passenger, rear driver, front driver, rear passenger)
I like the idea of bench bleeding though. As long as you have a way to move the pistons the way pressing the brake pedal does it should work fine.

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The manual says to put a plastic under the MC (I used a large ziploc bag) disconnect the 2 lines, have somebody press the brake pedal slowly, then plug the holes with your fingers and have the helper release the pedal slowly. Repeat until no more air comes out.
God that sounds awful.

Thx for the help guys

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems to me that it would be easier to swap the MC, bleed and then do the booster while keeping the MC attached to the lines. I read somewhere that the booster can be done with the MC unbolted and pulled out of the way. Thinking outloud.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts