Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if anyone saw this in the "DRIVE" magazine (Winter 2006) but subaru now makes a winter blade:

"Specifically designed wiper blades help your Subaru vehicle face winter's rain, sleet, snow and ice. The Subaru winter blades have steel superstructures for added strength and durability. The wiping edges are made of the highest quality rubber, and the rubber-booted blades help reduce snow- and ice-clogging."

So are these new or have they been around for a while? This is the first I have heard/seen of them. Has anybody had any experience w/ them?

Looks like soon there are going to be all these parts for winter/summer so you will need 2 sets of everything :wink:

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Never used winter blades, probally never will

I just throw a set of cheap walmart blades on in the winter (about 2.50 a blade) and then just throw on a good set come spring time.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
27 Posts
While I don't have winter blades on my Forester I have used them on other cars. My experience has been the Wiper blades boot keeps the ice out of the blade, but what I drove down the highway the air tended to lift the blades from the gas. I no longer use them for that reason.

Chuck

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
I too can't stand the stock blades. I use PIAA blades. They're bloody expensive, but thus far they're the best I've used.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Don't know about Subaru's winter blades, but I think the regular ones for the US market are made by ANCO and stink.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts