Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forrester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, My fiance has a black 2010 and I have been wanting to black out the headlights and tail lights (not a fan of chrome) Has anyone tried the Baking the headlight then pulling it apart method? I know people do this on several makes of vehicles to paint the internals of the headlight black. Or is there an aftermarket option out yet? Doubt it. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone has done this yet on the 09-10 model Forester, and how easy it is...

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel
62 Posts
Oooooh yeah –*the black headlights look great. I wish I had the courage to test this procedure on mine :biggrin:

M

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
I baked my headlights on a Prelude. Just put the oven at 150 (I think, search for the right temp) and leave them in there for like 10 minutes. I removed the light bulbs prior to baking. Once they are out, you can use a rag to hold the assembly then use a flat head to pry it open. Once apart do your thing..then to put them back together, back again in the over (two pieces) then take them out and push them into each other. You want that goop to be nice and warm so it is in more of a liquid condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts