Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very much. This morning on the way to school, I was driving down my hill at probably 15-20 mph and came around a corner only to realize I had absolutely no traction... I ended up sliding into the ice burm on the opposite side of the road, bouncing off, doing a 180. and smashing into the burm on the other side of the road with my driver's side. Luckily I thought to rip the e-brake before hitting the second time so I hit evenly and no damage happened to the body of the car.

I am however, in need of another front bumper now... That'll wait till summer and I was going to buy a new one anyways so I'm not too disappointed. :biggrin:

I guess this puts my dreams of having this car in a FOTM.. :icon_sad:

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
Glad you're ok vato. Dude it;s always an adventure with you..:) Kinda making me scared to link up sometime this winter.. :)

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
You own this mishap forum man! lol

I hit black ice much in a similar manner over at Northstar, but it was only a small patch and I was only going 5mph so I got out lucky.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
Right.. I think Snoshado needs his own stickied bumper replacement thread.. Just playing dude. Might be heading to Tahoe in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha I don't know if I should be proud of that!! But I'm considering the bumpers on my car "winter bumpers" soooo it's not gonna make me cry if I wreck them any more :D

And as their name implies, they're for "bumping" into stuff so I'm putting them to good use!

P.S. illmannered, Let me know when you're up here! I'd love to chill with you, that is, if you're not afraid of my epic driving skills ;)

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
oh man..your mom is going to be pissed :biggrin:

just take it easy out there ok?>glad you are ok.
why not drive like you are alway on black ice..
..everything ends up being everyone elses fault :huh:

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
229 Posts
Good thing there weren't other vehicles involved. Sounds like it was semi-controled. And with every one of these "situations," you are potentially learning what to do differently next time. Glad no one was hurt.

David

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
You need to start wrapping your car in bubble wrap.
lol, might need something more serious than the average shipping type bubblewrap.

I know how that feels though, I've had many close calls this winter (and past winters as well!) That feeling of the guard rail approaching with 0 traction is never fun. I barely avoided it myself this winter. Crowned road, left turn coming up and car starting to slip to the right while still on the straightaway. Dropped down to 2 (to get more power to the back) and kicked the backend out, felt the bumper graze the guard rail and made it safely down the road. Felt like a decent bump, but no damage at all. Of course the next day while parked at the gf's house someone rammed the corner of my bumper, but my bumpers are already in pretty terrible shape, figure a new bumper would just be asking for more damage and I don't particularly care if the car looks perfect or not (I drive it for fun and to get me around, not exactly the coolest looking car in the first place) its nice not having to worry about minor bumps and scrapes.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,078 Posts
I'm heading up to Tahoe for a 4-day trip... I guess even if it's not supposed to rain/snow I'll probably put on my snow tires for good measure

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I particularly was distracted ecause my sister was screaming in the passenger seat... Some people just need to chillll :p

As I said before, I have banged up bumpers on the fozzie for the winter and although I've got a new rear in my bedroom and a new front one on the way, they're not going on till my last day driving the car (likely to be this June!)

And yes, it was a lesson for me: duct tape your sister's mouth shut and drive super extra slow when you know it's slippery!!

By the way.... Do I see a Lake Tahoe meet comin up soon?!

·
Registered
:(
495 Posts
Glad your ok =) Now arent you glad you didn't have that axe in the back!? lol

On another note... You should save this banged up bumper and put it on every winter at the same time the new winter tire set up goes on =) Save ya alot of money from the sounds of it ;) lol

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
490 Posts
What's worse than a train wreck? An hour and a half of it!!! :woohoo: Downloading for later viewing (I was able to pause it after 20 minutes, will bring out the popcorn later). Damn you for posting that! :chair: :raspberry:

What was this thread about? Oh yeah, that sux Sno, but glad you're ok :biggrin:

·
Registered
1997 Forester
57 Posts
Im glad your ok mate and the foz, black ice has claimed the life of my foz this passed monday, the insurence will most likely write the foz off,

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
Glad your ok =) Now arent you glad you didn't have that axe in the back!? lol

On another note... You should save this banged up bumper and put it on every winter at the same time the new winter tire set up goes on =) Save ya alot of money from the sounds of it ;) lol
That is one big thong....:)

Bubblewrap.... hahahaahahahahaahahhahahahahahahaaa

Snoshado for Governor.. This kid rules.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts