Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Birth Day Rant
Well today i turned 29. Happy BD to me. I graduated Hight School back in 1996, then "F" ed off from college to college changing majors as i moved on. This coming December 16, at 130pm Central Time. I hopefully will be graduation with 2 Bachelors degrees. Ive been chasing this aviation maint. since 1999. Kinda sad im leaving a place i actually got to do outdoor stuff (hike, climb). Some people ask if i feel older, I dont actually. I feel wiser, I think ive goofed off enough. Time to get my career started, make some money. Enjoy life. Ok enough raunting I have some school work to do still. Finals next week.

Tkx for every one that just read that

Ben

NOTE: I update this EVERY Year

·
Registered
2006 Forester
470 Posts
Now it's time to get hitched and start a family :Banane14: :Banane14: :Banane14: :Banane14: That's when life really begins (or some would say, ends :icon_cry: ).

Happy birthday!

Scott

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,212 Posts
Wow 29. Better start freezing your sperm... Just kidding. Congrats too.

I F'ed off after high school a few years and never did actually finish college. If I could do it over again I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks to an understanding Mom, I had the opportunity to find myself and actually pursue the career I really wanted and still love after uumm... 20 odd years.

If I didn't have the chance I was given I might be sticking drills in someone's mouth who doesn't want to be there. Or worse working under someone's greasy old beater.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,861 Posts
Happy Birthday BenMara! :Banane35:

I graduated with a bachelors in 2003. Lived the good lazy and crazy life while in school and 6 or so months after graduation. I'm still surprised I pulled it off. What I really took with me upon graduation was discipline and responsibility. I'm in my first career and seriously considering going back to get a certification or masters degree in the not so distant future. Call me crazy but I'm beginning to miss school. Good luck on your finals and a early congrats to you!

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Happy Birthday and congrats on your impending graduation!

Nothing wrong with screwing around for a while, so long as it doesn't put one in a rut that they can't get out of.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i had to dig this one up from the grave Im doin alot better ill update this after work just like to say Happy Bday to me

30 geeZzzzz....

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
Happy third decade!!
How's your first year out of collage treating you? Is it everything you thought it would be? Or were you as disillusioned as I was when I graduated?

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Happy Bday, better to take your time and get where you want to be rather than rush into somethign you don't like and stay there. The key to life is feeling young, stay with it !

·
New Member Greeter
2011 Octavia vRS DSG
2,403 Posts
Many happy returns :woohoo: you've still a good few years to go to catch up to me :Banane35:

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
1,561 Posts
Happy birthday! I too am graduating on December 19th at 1:30 with a double major. My choices were chemistry and plant biology. Now to see if I can get into dental school..... Congrats on graduating! :icon_biggrin:

-Steve

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well yall its been a year since graduating from SIUC. Ive been in the aviation industry since May, not bad. But the job has it goods and bads. Well now i can afford to mod the FXT, among other things. Im now livin on my own some what i pay what bills, tryin not to live paycheck to paycheck. Life in general is good

Well this year it not much of a Rant im more content with my self im some what more happier compaired to last year

Tkx for readin
Ben

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well ill be turnin 31 in about 22 minutes well this gona be a semi Rant

Well ive been in the Aviation industry for a year in aviation maint was OK wish was better i would have stayed longer stress was affectin my health loved the work tho

Well i moved back wit family started a different job in June 2008 doin assembly of the new boeing 787 only a section not whole plane. here is the rant part. all the education i have and im doin assembly WTH? makin less money but stress level is just at work not carried with me home like when i was workin maint it followed me till i came home on the weekends. Im just lookin back on my education as a waste of money and time at the moment cause im not usin it to its fullest

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Happy belated birthday Ben :)

Aviation is a tough industry. I'm an Aviation Management major so it was difficult to find what direction I was going to go in when I graduated. In the end, I didn't turn out to work for airlines or airports that the major trained me to do, but instead, I'm a consultant to an airport in their construction of a new terminal. Remember, aircraft and cars aren't THAT much different when you get down to the mechanics of it. If you ever get tired of the Boeing work, consider switching to automobile repair/mod/tune work or possibly working with the new private space firms. Who knows what could come from those industries and you might enjoy it a lot more.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
I know how it goes, I'm majoring as a high school biology teacher, I love my biology courses, but the education courses are redundant and full of trivial information...starting to think they make you takes 457567568 courses for more money. I have one comment though, I love teaching and I love Biology so I will do whatever I have to get there. Same goes to you Ben, do what you what you love, but there are sacrifices sometimes.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts