Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been having an issue where I park at work. We have crows, & they've been eating the rubber out of my wiper blades. Does anyone know how to stop this? or if not stop, deter the things from touching my car?
Cheers,
Alex

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
You could try leaving some hot peppers & bread as a little snack near your windshield wipers.(unless they like it)

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Maybe a rubber snake will scare them away or get yourself a trunkmonkey :biggrin:

·
Dodgy Post Whore - eh!
2003 XT 2.5 AT
1,825 Posts
In some parts of NZ's South Island we have a similar problem with keas. A kea is a NZ native parrot with a wickedly sharp beak and rather much intelligence (some people claim to have tested them as being the smartest bird in the world). People often take their wipers off their vehicles when they visit area with keas. After a walk in one such area, my brother and I got back to our car to find a small group gathered around it declaring the keas were a real nuisance because they had eaten the wipers. Funny thing is that the keas must have eaten the holders and all, not just the rubber, but we solemnly agreed with them, and didn't point out that the wipers were sitting on the driver's seat in full view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts