Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many these are also our relatives

I've always liked motorcycles since I was very young. I worked in a motorcycle shop for almost 10 years, roadraced motorcycles, raced enduro's (I got to "apprentice" with an ISDT medalist), love talking about them, love looking at them and appreciate the work and craftsmanship that goes into building a custom. So I thought this might be a place we can share some of the images we like. So heres a couple for starters that get me going from one of my fafourites sites (next to this one).

Ducati 750 Sport | Bike EXIF | Classic motorcycles, custom motorcycles and cafe racers
Ducati NCR | Bike EXIF | Classic motorcycles, custom motorcycles and cafe racers
Norton cafe racer | Bike EXIF | Classic motorcycles, custom motorcycles and cafe racers

·
Forum Member
2004 FXT
952 Posts
I have 3 bikes ATM, but their are 6 bikes in the garage.

Mine:

'07 Suzuki GSX-R 600 Track bike
'06 Suzuki DRZ400sm "Street" bike
'03 Honda CR250r Dirt bike

My gf has:

'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Track bike
'07 Suzuki DRZ400sm "Street" bike

and our roommate has:

'02 Honda F4i 600

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
i used to own a ducati monster god i loved that bike it sounded so good and had so much torque that it was unreal, of course it had pipes and nothing was stock.

Check it out, i have sold the bike a while ago but man this makes think of all the miles i rode on it.

http://www.summers.thegc.org/For%20Sale/Monster%20007.jpg
My buddy just picked up a 2000 monster 750. Nice bike.

I have a Suzuki Blvd C50T currently. I miss my sportbike days and really want a 1098s!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still bike-less after writing off my last bike (not my fault) and no plans to get back into riding again (each crash gets bigger, more expensive, leaves my body with more long term injuries). But as any true biker will tell you, once you get this bug there's no gettin rid of it. Although common sense (ha ha) tells me to keep off the bikes I still find myself checking out what's for sale online and at the local bike shops. So when people ask if I'm going to get another bike I can't help but laugh and say no, but I could never say never again. Life would be pretty sucky with out something to aim for, and although cars are cool in their own way, you still can't beat a day checking out bikes, helmets, boots etc.

Current bikes to draw my attention are the Triumph 675's and '05 Honda fireblades (Repsol colours). But I'd still have my '03 GSXR 600 if it weren't for the accident.

By the way...what is it with Honda. They've produced some of the most exciting bikes ever, but their cars are just a huge yawn to look at. Any hint of sportyness seems to have been wiped from their show rooms in the last 10 years. Talk about split personalities! :crazy:

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
329 Posts
I've owned a 1986 Honda Rebel 250 and a 1987 Harley XLH 1100, but what I REALLY want in a 1970-75 Triumph Bonneville to restore to it's original glory. Maybe when I get a garage.....

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
I've owned a few different bikes and the only one I currently have is a '94 Ducati Monster 900. I love this bike -- it's design is brilliantly minimalistic and the truss frame is a work of art. Mine is the very first Monster they made. The v-twin has globs of torque, dual carbs work beautifully and the 6 gears are very tall, which I like. It is not a high-powered screamer although it can be revved high, it is a torque monster. There are no electronics -- it's all mechanical and whatever is on there exists for a reason, no extras.

Beautiful bike. Nicest, best-feeling, classiest bike I've ever owned.

Stan

·
Registered
05 Forester XT Mt
197 Posts
Stan T are you a memeber of DML the bike nights in the city at zeitgeist were always good meets and tamale lady always a plus. I use to live in the Bay Area and would catch a few group rides with the group from the DML great group of people.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree, the Ducati Monster series of bikes are true modern classics. They helped push naked bikes back into the mainstream, making them cool again. In fact as a sort of ultimate compliment, Honda made a scaled down replica. It's part of the VTR 250 family of bikes. Look it up sometime and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
216 Posts
Hey all!

I am selling my bike :-(

1997 Kawasaki Concours 'Connie" 87,800 miles. Recently had full brake job, new rear tire and oil cooler. Has Cruise control and heated hand grips. Runs great. Very clean and clean title. Comes with side and top hard cases. 90% highway commuter miles. Asking $2,200 or trade for a dirt/offraod bike/ATV. We are moving to Sonora Mexico and I do not think Connie will do well on those roads. If you want pictures they are on CraigsList, Maryland/DC under 1997 Kawasaki Concours. I will post pictures when I get home, darn work filters will not let me

Thanks

Semper Fi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts