Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Foz XT Limited Auto
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's winter tires time.... my plan is to use the stock XT wheels as my winter tires, seeing how damaged they are, and buy a nice set of 17" wheels for the summer so I can keep my 17" summer tires.

The only issue is, 225/55R17s are so expensive! I've noticed that 225/60R17s are slightly less expensive. I believe these would work, seeing how they should only be 12mm higher (0.472").

What are other similar sized tires that would fit on a '09 XT?

I was thinking about going with either Xi3 or Blizzaks, either DM-V1 or WS70. I also have a good price on Komho I'Zen KW22, but I gotta ask if they are cheaper in /60 size instead of /55.

·
Registered
2009 Foz XT Limited Auto
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody knows what sizes other than the stockers will fit on SHs?

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring CVT
1,297 Posts
Go skinnier for winter, not wide or even stock.
If you want taller, you need to lift the Foz to gain much.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,247 Posts
My trusted tire guy told me to stay with the stock tire width for winter tires... as in, don't go any wider.

When I want to see what tires/wheels will fit my vehicles, I go here. Just input your stock data on one side & what you want to try on the other side. Look over the data to see if it will fit. Very simple & it's worked perfectly on all our vehicles. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
I ended up going 225/45 17. Only reason was, when i went to the guy to order them I told him the size of my previous VW GLI tire that for some reason was stuck in my head lol. It's a touch smaller but it'll work fine. might be cheaper, I don't know. I guess going lower profile will give me a bit better sidewall stiffness.....

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,247 Posts
One thing to keep in mind when looking to upgrade from the stock tire/wheels is the tire diameter. Going smaller or larger than the stock diameter will throw off the speedometer. :icon_eek:

On my son's '03 X, he's running Toyo Proxes 4, 235/50-17x7" & the speedometer reading is right on.

On my '07 FSXT I'm running Toyo Proxes 4, 235/45-18x7.5" & the speedometer reading is right on. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts