Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well......part of it is. The rest will be going in on Monday when I get my R180 back from Planet Motosport that has a 4.44 ring and pinion fitted.
Hopeing to have Brembo stickers fitted on monday as well.

sub-par iphone pic.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,242 Posts
Did you paint them or powdercoat them?

I REALLY want to get a pair powdercoated STi BBS Silver.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
i think they look good. I think iphone pics should be banned when showing mods as awesome as those!!!!

what color brembo stickers are you looking for

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,242 Posts
Vince, do you still have those pics of the Silver Brembos you had?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you paint them or powdercoat them?

I REALLY want to get a pair powdercoated STi BBS Silver.
Powder coated them. I media blasted them and bought new seal, pins, and spring plates.

i think they look good. I think iphone pics should be banned when showing mods as awesome as those!!!!

what color brembo stickers are you looking for
Black.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,242 Posts
Thanks!

Can't wait to see how the orangies look under wheels!

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,242 Posts
Hmm, not a bad idea.

So you have part numbers for all of those bits? You did fronts and rears, right?

I have access to a blast cabinet, so getting the gold off isn't tough, and I know the exact color I want. I just need to actually do it (and find out how much it'll cost...)

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,242 Posts
That looks pretty good!

I keep hoping I'll be daring enough one day to go the green/orange route. Orange brakes under lime/neon green wheels.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks great. so you are sticking with a 5 speed even with a r180?
I would like dccd one day but going the R180 rear end, to me, is a much better alternative to the rear caliper adapter and brake shoe liner. The way I see it, you get an uprgraded rear diff plus it's already to go should I persue the 6 speed option.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks pretty good!

I keep hoping I'll be daring enough one day to go the green/orange route. Orange brakes under lime/neon green wheels.
Gold isn't my ideal colour of choice. I think that the orange would look good behind a gun metal colour or something a little darker.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
I would like dccd one day but going the R180 rear end, to me, is a much better alternative to the rear caliper adapter and brake shoe liner. The way I see it, you get an uprgraded rear diff plus it's already to go should I persue the 6 speed option.
that was my exact thinking when. I am in the process of doing my r180, 04sti hub/knuckle and ebrake swap now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts