Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone in SoCal comment on their BFG KO2's on LA freeways at speed? reasonably comfortable? absorbs bumps well? crazy unstable?

thanks

·
Registered
2018 Fozie XT
73 Posts
Love my ko2 on OC/LA fwy area.

I've been running it at 38/40 psi and now at 45psi.

Its a bit noisier, rougher at 45psi. However it came alive when i air down at 30psi on bigbear 3n16 last weekend.

I love it.
225/65r17

·
Registered
2018 Fozie XT
73 Posts
Ko2 has max of 65psi. I'll just test it now at 45psi. It is defintely more rough at this psi.

Im waiting for the heat reader to see what is the right psi for this tire. You dont want to run it underinflated nor overinflated.

·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you guys! sounds like you guys like the tires for LA? i do know they look cool on our cars. but we will take the car camping and going on dirt trails, etc... probably overkill for my needs but i want them!!! :)

thanks

·
Administrator
15,732 Posts
Yes, certainly sounds like an overkill for your needs but if you want the looks and prepared for extra fuel usage then why not! ;-)

·
Registered
2019 Sport cvt
153 Posts
Maybe overkill if doing it for the looks but I really like the idea of tough sidewalls. Goes way back to a scout trip where 4 or 5 dads blew tires on the rocks in the road (Little Rock Creek Truck Trail between Mount Pacifico and Little Rock Creek Reservoir in the Angeles Nat'l Forest for the SoCal types). And having picked up a couple of screws, a knife and a screwdriver at various times and places just driving around SoCal roads, I kind of like tough tires.

·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe overkill if doing it for the looks but I really like the idea of tough sidewalls. Goes way back to a scout trip where 4 or 5 dads blew tires on the rocks in the road (Little Rock Creek Truck Trail between Mount Pacifico and Little Rock Creek Reservoir in the Angeles Nat'l Forest for the SoCal types). And having picked up a couple of screws, a knife and a screwdriver at various times and places just driving around SoCal roads, I kind of like tough tires.
yah, it's definately overkill for my needs, especially here in LA. but we will go camping etc..., and i'm planning for the eventual armmagedon too, so .... my current Michelin Pilot A/S 3+'s have 2 plugs in 1 tire and they're worn and due for replacement. which brings to me to replacing with these overkill KO2's.

another consideration are the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus. they're more street oriented than the KO2's and would be a good middle ground from the K02's & MP A/S 3+'s.

thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Sport cvt
153 Posts
Yeah, not sure where it came from but got an ad/suggested post on FB, IIRC, linking to announcements of the Pirelli. This was well before I got my Forester but perhaps during the time frame I was starting to plug around with searches, etc. It seems like a suitable choice but don't recall seeing any discussion of it in use. Yeah, I ponder about some other forums where the idea of "bugging out" in case of natural or unnatural disasters and the like beset us. And think about 13 million Angelenos hitting the road for Las Vegas or Phoenix and beyond...

·
Registered
2018 Fozie XT
73 Posts
This is my main reason for the sidewall addtional toughness.

I just did another ride yesterday in snow, mud and a bit over foot deep puddle at 25psi. It is just great in handling all road condition.

My other driver jon he has go15 and that is good as well but lacking the tough sidewall.

(Note: it has the sbow rating so its help with true AT)

Check out my ig @daklakfoto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts