Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2006 SF X. I usually just call the dealership to get the part number and find that online. However there are some parts that a little pricey. So my question is are there any parts that are better than OEM (also not requiring modifications)? Currently I'm looking for a rad. I'm thinking all aluminum (koyo?) If it would be better than plastic. I dont do off road, but do drive a lot of stone/natural roads for camping and fishing. I usually just go OEM because everyone says the parts are engineered to work for them and also tend to be pretty good. So besides the rad are there also any other parts people prefer over OEM for longevity/ruggedness/ease of install, etc.?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 SF5 Automatic
446 Posts
From the top of my head wish list .....
Car radio, speakers, shocks / coilovers, stabilizer bar bushings (polyU), endlinks, husky liners, exhaust muffler, exhaust tip, silicone wipers

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Forester Premium X AT
1,000 Posts
Springs and shocks/struts are a big one. My King/KYB setup is so much better than the oem. The vehicle feels much more stable. Didn't have to modify and it gave a very slight lift. I can now drive over roadkill!

Brake pads and rotors. I have not had any problems with centric premium rotors and centric posi quiet pads. Cheaper than oem, perform just as well.

Windshield wipers (My Trico Force wipers do better than oem)
Headlights (dugh)

Rack crossbars. I thought the oem aero crossbars were way too flexible. Upgraded to yakima.
Hitch. If you want to maintain the rear crash rating, spend the extra for oem. But if not, then save by going with the commonplace aftermarket hitches. I went with Curt.

AEM dryflow air filter. Will be the last air filter you buy. Washable and you dont have to mess with oiling.

Oil filters. If you cant get a deal on oem, i just buy wix.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
40 Posts
Another item to add to the list is the battery. If you need to replace one almost anything is better than the OEM battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts